DIY Gear hangers/storage - any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have made several hangers out of 1-1/2" ADS pipe & PVC. add two 45* couplings and a 2"dia. garage hook and done. for about $30. You can make 4 or 5 hangers. I also made some with 3" dia. drain pipe for landscaping, and added an attachment for a blow dryer or shop vac to execrate drying time.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

I use standard wooden hangars and just carefully insert them into the suits so as not to snag anything. Plenty strong enough, and significantly cheaper than the ridiculous price for "wetsuit" and "drysuit" hangars. If you're worried about thickness, just double a couple of them up. Pad the hangar portion of the actual hangar if you're worried about the neck seals resting up against them.

Be sure to talc your seals!

I have built quite a few homemade hangers and have only UK hangers now. The hangair is awesome, I always figured it to be gimmicky but it works as advertised. The BC hangers work well and the all purpose big hanger works for wetsuits and pretty much anything else. Indestructible for the most part and well built products. You will not be disappointed with any of these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom