Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes my posting was for one condo. The other condo is available (if we desire it) on Saturday night and Sunday night for the cost of nothing $0.00. Speargirl is being very gracious. The other condo is her property and pictures are on the website. From chatting with other South FL scubaboarders, the Yatch club is a great place to stay. With that stated, I am mailing off my deposit in the morning for 50% of the total cost. I will be cancelling the Ocean Pointe rooms in the morning. Those desiring to stay (please up to 10), are welcome to share the cost of the 3 nights. If you decide to sleep in the condo the first night then find another place to stay, sorry you still pay 3 nights. That only seems fair to moi. We can work out the details of who sleeps where in the next 2 months, but I will invoke organizer's rights to first choice. Now off to watch Leno and fly to DC and back tomorrow.
Howard

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I realize we have ALL made this gathering way more complicated than it should have been. We have all expressed our desires and opinions and discussed many options on lodging and charter companies. I believe when we first started this discussion, we "did all agree" that lodging and travel would be on your own and our diving would be together.

There were five of us who made the choice to stay at Ocean Pointes and booked our reservations for this and I appreciate everyone's desire to find cheaper accomodations but as I have said many times, we have a diverse group and we tried to find accomodations to satisfy our unique needs. I appreciate the offer to stay with the other five of you in the condo on Friday night and I also appreciate the willingness of speargirl to allow five people to stay in her condo at no charge 2 nights, but we believe it is unfair to impose on someone in this manner. Therefore, the five of us have agreed to keep our accomodations as we had originally agreed to and reserved at Ocean Pointes. I am glad that the rest of you have also found accomodations to your satisfaction. Because your condo's occupancy is 10 that will also allow a few more people to go that may decide to do so between now and then.

I also posted about Cristal Charters trying to accomodate our group and Frank reminded me that they had indeed already tried and was unable to keep us all together, so I appreciate their willingness to still allow us to go on the one charter at no charge but will certainly at least tip them generously for their graciousness. Howard has already contacted Ocean Divers and put a deposit down and I agree that they are the best option once again for the diverse group of divers we have and that their charter company will be the most capable of accomodating our entire group.

Now that everyone has a place to stay and we have our dives chartered we can all look forward to having a wonderful time, have some great dives and meet some new dive buddies.

I look forward to meeting you Matt and Dawg!!!!!!!!:) I have met everyone else and they are still willing to dive with me again...:D

*loud applause*

Excellent, now I can get back to daydreaming about the diving!

DawgDiver:
*loud applause*

Excellent, now I can get back to daydreaming!

About meeting me and Donna?:wink:

Man I hate quote edits...... :D

I'll buy the first round of kick Howards ***!

Might want to lay off her for atleast a day Howard, don't think she's in the mood for you right now :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom