Diving without a C-Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. I'm against limits on awards. OTOH, there should be some protection against juries who believe people are not responsible for their own actions.

Walter:
If that's your intention, push for a law that protects people from suits when the victim was at fault.

I don't think ambulance chaser lawyers would like this one too much. But it might help the rest of us who pay insurance, especially liability insurance. (I own 3 retail stores... believe me I pay for liability)

howarde:
I don't think ambulance chaser lawyers would like this one too much. But it might help the rest of us who pay insurance, especially liability insurance. (I own 3 retail stores... believe me I pay for liability)

If you ever manage to accomplish Tort Law reform please publish how you did it. You'll be well paid on the lecture circuit for it as well. Many have tried, none have succeeded thus far. I wish you the best of luck.

Dragon2115:
If you ever manage to accomplish Tort Law reform please publish how you did it. You'll be well paid on the lecture circuit for it as well. Many have tried, none have succeeded thus far. I wish you the best of luck.

If they allow people who have smoked pot (or maybe still do) or taken LSD (back when I followed the Grateful Dead) enter the political realm, then I am all there.

howarde:
If they allow people who have smoked pot (or maybe still do) or taken LSD (back when I followed the Grateful Dead) enter the political realm, then I am all there.

After Slick Willy you got nothing to worry about. You just need to look and sound good on camera. :wink:

Some countries have laws for SCUBA. In the UK for instance, I could be wrong here, but I don't think so, it is against the law to have mixed manufacturer regulator set ups. What the heck is with that? It's not a reasonable law, there is absolutely no reason I should not be able to use a Scubapro 2nd with a Sherwood 1st. The only one I could think of that could be a problem would be Posiedon regulators. People that have them know. Lawmakers are not reasonable people. In fact they cannot be expected to make realistic laws for industries or situations where they have absolutely no experience.

I will say again:

The SCUBA industry regulates itself very well, it should be left alone. That's enough said on the subject.

LakeScubaDiver:
One time, before I was a "PADI DEEP DIVER" I went below 60ft and the Scuba Police stopped me and asked for my PADI Deep Diver Certification Card. Unfortunately I didn't have it and had to hover at 60 ft while all my friends kept going deeper. Luckily they found me on the way up and we completed the dive! Thank you Scuba Police!!!

I may be stupid, but who are the Scuba Police? I don't have a "Deep Diver" card and I just returned from a 72 fsw wreck dive followed by a 62 FSW reef dive.

Thank you for your cooperation citizen. By admitting your guilt you have saved the public thousands of police dollars investigating your case. Please wait in front of your home, a cruiser will be along shortly to pick you up and remove you to scuba jail where you will be forced to watch old Lloyd Bridges movies. Again, thank you for your cooperation. :spaninq:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
So far, most of the deaths have been from idiots doing what they are not trained to do, from freedivers entering cave systems.
Web Monkey:
Please tell me you made this up . . . .

No, although he did "massage" the truth somewhat. There haven't been "lots" of freedivers enternig cave systems (it's usually, IIRC, single tank open-water/AOW divers who "just went a little ways in")

I believe he's referring to the recent death of a freediver in a Florida Spring. There's not evidence either way that the freediver intentionally entered the cave, or passed out/drowned and his body fell into the system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom