Diving with the Bull sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike your part of the problem and not the solution when it comes to educating the public on sharks.

Flame away Mike.

What problem?

Where is this mysterious problem you speak of?

Educating the public on sharks?

Who give a crap about that? I didn't know part of my assigned mission in life was supposed to be educating people about sharks. I thought this was about diving with sharks not giving them back massages and universal health care.

I guess I'll do my part to help out

Public Service Announcement :

-- don't stick your hand in the part with the sharp pointy teeth.

How's that?

I knew there were tree huggers, are their shark huggers now?

Does that fall under a sub chapter of PETA?

And what are you doing watching shark week on the discovery channel? Spying on the enemy? :rofl3:

oh boy, the hobby sci-fi journalist. i am sorry to intrude into your world of mayhem with some facts. i don't think i painted them cuddly but your idea of cuddly may be different from mine. i am not sure how many bull shark dives you have done. get in the water with one. stop watching shark week. most likely the encounter with the "dangerous, aggressive, unpredicatble" animal will calm your nerves and you won't worry so much about their stomach contents anymore.

:shakehead: Oh my Lord!

I love how on the internet in the pursuit of 'winning' people keep taking their stances farther and farther to the absurd.

Now we're getting closer and closer to somebody posting how bull sharks are mis-understood, they are cuddly, good willed and just miss-understood. When that one shark bit that dudes leg he was just saying "hi man, pleased to meat you" it's up to us to understand how they say hi and not misunderstand them. :rofl3:

Hey here's a really good video - what type of sharks are these? The good stuff starts at about 2:40 in the video.

Dumbasses Cleanse the Gene Pool

What type of sharks are theses? I think they said the sharks were swiming around with them for 45 minutes and then suddenly.... uh oh.

Damn misunderstood sharks.:shakehead:

What types of sharks is that in the video? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Mfinley919. this one goes out for you,

farewell and adeu to you fair spanish maidens,
Farewell and adue to you ladys of spain,
for weve recieved orders for to sail back to Boston,
as so never more will we see you again

Don't worry about it, I think those sharks in the video are nurse sharks or maybe the elusive Hello Kitty shark, so nothing to worry about.

Bullsharks as has been stated are very predictable and will only attack people if you try to ride them or, slap them, grab them by the gills and stick your head in their mouths or of course the crazy move where you stand motionless in the water next to them. So Nothing to worry about, that guy was provoking the crap out of them.

Ok, Here come the dumb questions. And unfortunately I have seen this video before. For all intent purposes, those individuals legs could have been pilings of a dock. They were not moving, I did not see anybody provocing or aggravating these sharks. I did not notice any baiting going on. I do not have the experience as the rest of you. What I have learned is sharks investigate with thier noses/snouts. It seemed as though the shark initialy did just that. When there was no response on the part of the victom, like smacking him in the head, I believe the shark recognised this initial contact as a potential food source. And since nobody did anything to prove him wrong, he instictively took the next step. This is shallow water with no obvious means of escape. I mean you cannot jump straight out of the water. I believe this type of behavoiur on the part of the victom to be fool hearty at best, and personally just plain stupid.

I don't like your attitude. Being defenseless in the water with bullsharks is just part of living the American dream. Don't be such a buzz kill.

I think this is what I'm supposed to say if I'm cool :

you're part of the problem and not the solution when it comes to educating the public on sharks.

Don't worry about it, I think those sharks in the video are nurse sharks or maybe the elusive Hello Kitty shark, so nothing to worry about.

Bullsharks as has been stated are very predictable and will only attack people if you try to ride them or, slap them, grab them by the gills and stick your head in their mouths or of course the crazy move where you stand motionless in the water next to them. So Nothing to worry about, that guy was provoking the crap out of them.

I agree! Dumbasses cleanse the gene pool. I like the this version though.
animal. discovery.com Weird True and Freaky:Bull Shark attack
"waste deep in water with dozens of bull sharks"
"Chum, fish guts dumped into the water to attract sharks to the cameras"
"after 1/2 hour mugging for the cameras"
even after that Dr. Ritter could not figure out what went wrong!
NOT THE SAME THING!

Interesting video Mike.

Interesting and worthless.

This discussion is about diving with sharks, remember?

Not worthless.
Expert involved.
Unpredictable involved.
Bull shark definitely involved.

Back
Top Bottom