Question Diving with JDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. Diving with JDC on Friday both am and afternoon dives, are there places to grab lunch nearby or should i pack lunch

There are a few places nearby like a tikibar like two blocks south, and a couple of lunch places off the major roads. But I would consider packing lunch in case your morning charter is running late.

Hi @rsfinn57

I take lunch whenever I do AM/PM dives with JDC. Much more relaxing to sit and eat rather than hustle for lunch. I take a soft drink off the boat. They also have water, take a container. I leave my lunch in a cooler in my car trunk while I dive.

Hi. Diving with JDC on Friday
I'm jealous!!..Seas friday are forecasted at 2-3's and reports today were 50-60ft of viz and 78 degree bottom temps. Not sure what the south winds will do to viz tomorrow, but the normal 1.5knt currents should keep that waters clean. Have a great couple of dives and let us know if you see some sharks and lobsters !!

There’s a Subway off Center street and another Sandwich shop called Sub Connection also on a Center street. Both are about a 5-10 walk (or a 2 minute drive) from the shop.

There’s a Subway off Center street and another Sandwich shop called Sub Connection also on a Center street. Both are about a 5-10 walk (or a 2 minute drive) from the shop.
I got food at the Sub Connection during a longer break between the academic and dive portion of my Solo Diver, it was very good.

Brought lunch. Only did am dives as it got rough. Ist dive calm light current 80ft vis a few reef sharks ,loggerhead, nice morays. Second dive
Rough at surface 60 ft vis nice big moray a few barracuda turtle excellent dive but a fisherman was anchored on the reef 😠 where we surfaced making boat pick up i rough water problematic. All in all a great day excellent crew and op. Look forward to diving with them again.

.... Ist dive calm light current 80ft vis a few reef sharks ,loggerhead, nice morays.
Thank you for the conditions report. I was watching the live inlet cam and was surprised to see that sudden wind speed spike. Keep June on your calendar to return visit, it's pretty sweet!

Thank you for the conditions report. I was watching the live inlet cam and was surprised to see that sudden wind speed spike. Keep June on your calendar to return visit, it's pretty sweet!
If @Johnoly isn’t diving, he’s at home watching the inlet cams dreaming about diving :wink::cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom