Diving with Capt Sl8r Charters on March 23, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murfdizzle21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went diving with Capt Sl8r Charters and Scuba Works this weekend on Saturday March 23, 2013. Seas were flat calm, viz was 40 - 60 feet or so, and water temp was 72 degrees. We hit Spadefish point first, where we were greeted by 5 reef sharks or so right when we got in. Also saw a few other sharks, stingray, couple turtles, etc. Second dive site was Jupiter High Ledge where we found a couple more turtles and a big nurse shark. All footage was shot on the Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition at 1080p @ 60 FPS with Protune on and white balance set to RAW. I'm also using the SRP CYD Filter. Sorry if I didn't tag you, Feel free to tag, like, and share. Diving is FUN! Expect More! Thanks!

[video=youtube;1A7q5m8rRoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A7q5m8rRoI[/video]

Excellent video! Love the spadefish intro and all the shark footage. Great song too. It's my new jam for this week.

I was on that trip (and actually in about 2 seconds of your video)...and it was gorgeous. My buddy and I split off, so we didn't see the Goliath, though we saw a few more reefies and a bull towards the end...

great work with that GoPro.

thanks

great footage, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for watching!

Excellent video! Love the spadefish intro and all the shark footage. Great song too. It's my new jam for this week.

Thanks Sean, I could jam out to almost any Stick Figure Song, he's great! I captured most of the shark footage in the first five minutes of the dive. Was definitely the most exciting part.

I was on that trip (and actually in about 2 seconds of your video)...and it was gorgeous. My buddy and I split off, so we didn't see the Goliath, though we saw a few more reefies and a bull towards the end...

great work with that GoPro.

thanks

Thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately that was the only goliath I got a shot of, so I didn't want to throw the clip out. I would have liked to have seen that bull shark as well. Hope to see you out on the Kyalami again soon.

I was also on that dive and hoped I'd get to see the video......and I thought I was the only one who saw fish pooping!

haha you weren't the only one. I'll try to introduce myself next time. My name is Mickey.

Thanks for posting. We are diving off with them in 2 weeks and will be my maiden voyage with the Go Pros.

Thanks Randy. Hope to see you on board in two weeks. If I'm aboard I can help you set up your gopro for the dives.

We are diving with them the Wens 17th. 3 of us from Virginia Beach with 2 filming/shooting and a loop monkey logging hours and watching the pretty fish. Come and join us if you can! It would be great to meet another So Flo SBer.

We are also sharing with our friend some BHB and Dutra st beach dives.:cool2:

We are diving with them the Wens 17th. 3 of us from Virginia Beach with 2 filming/shooting and a loop monkey logging hours and watching the pretty fish. Come and join us if you can! It would be great to meet another So Flo SBer.

We are also sharing with our friend some BHB and Dutra st beach dives.:cool2:

Would love to join you guys, but I doubt I can get a week day off. You can find me on the Kyalami basically every weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom