Diving West Palm Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Jupiter has the best, most diverse, diving in Florida - perhaps the USA.

The fact that you can experience - on a regular basis - that amount of large marine life almost boggles the mind. While Jupiter is not the Great Barrier Reef, Fiji, Indonesia, or Little Cayman - it has some real world class diving without the cost and hassles associated with locations on the other side of the world.

While they certify students every week year round, I think a little experience goes a long way in enjoying the dive as (a) its deep (b) you will have current. Its also unique in that its different than diving southern Palm Beach county.

While extensive corals are not present, I think the reefs are beautiful and for me the fish life, especially the big stuff makes up for the lack of hard corals.

Its the responsibility of the diver to research the area, and ask the operator the necessary questions - its not rocket science - asking "how deep are we going and what are the typical conditions" will answer 95% of the questions.

Hey yall I been diving in jupiter in fact its where I learned Who is the best dive charter from jupiter to deerfield beach

Diving the narcosis on OCt 5th. Doing 4 dives and getting my nitrox cert. Sounds like a nice place to dive. Will have my camera too... Looking forward to it.

I've been diving Jupiter area 12 years now and dove on Emerald Charters and Narcosis many times and highly recommend both dive boats. I find it unbelievable that you had such a bad experience due to fault of Randy or his crew, just not his/their nature. This is an excerpt posted on Emerald Charter's web site:

"If you are a good diver and Nitrox certified, you are welcome to join us on our advanced,
lesser traveled dives on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Bring lots of gas, because they
are all three tanks...and we serve a Gourmet box lunch!"

I have nothing but a blast on his boat and always has a great group of folks. Randy/Emerald Charter is well known for putting it out there that you must be advanced/experienced to go out on his boat. Sorry you had a bad experience, but there are many great boats in PBC that do cater to less experienced divers. happy diving!

In my opinion, Jupiter Dive Center is the best. They cater to ALL kinds of divers to ensure that everyone has a good time, whether you're new, advanced, a sightseer, hunter, or a tech diver. You don't have to depend on being able to swim to shore in case they leave you behind to be considered a good diver to them. They WILL pick you up if you dive off their boat. They won't blame you if something goes wrong with your dive.....they will help you to ensure your safety and comfort (they don't do anything that would even cause something to go wrong, but can correct any problems that might arise, and do everything they can so you don't feel like a fool if any mistakes are made on your part). If you can't clear your mask, have problems with your ears, or don't have enough weights to descend, they will simply help you out and redrop you for the rest of your dive. For having only 24-49 dives under your belt, I'd stick with someone who is happy to take a fairly new diver out for a great day of diving the beautiful reefs we have here and bring you safely back. I wouldn't expect that you would be considered a "good' diver for an operation that caters only to advanced, self-reliant divers. Call Jupiter Dive Center!

Jupiter Dive Center has a pretty good following on the board. Currently, I have 5 dives planned with them for this weekend, and two next weekend. I know when I'm on the Republic IV or VII, I feel very safe. I know Capts Mike and Tim will find me no matter where I ascend. They both let me dive my dives and don't harp on me to stay with the DM. When I have students, they're extremely accomodating.

In the store, Gerry is top knotch. He'll do everything possible to ensure you leave as a happy customer.

Jupiter Dive Center has a pretty good following on the board. Currently, I have 5 dives planned with them for this weekend, and two next weekend. I know when I'm on the Republic IV or VII, I feel very safe. I know Capts Mike and Tim will find me no matter where I ascend. They both let me dive my dives and don't harp on me to stay with the DM. When I have students, they're extremely accomodating.

In the store, Gerry is top knotch. He'll do everything possible to ensure you leave as a happy customer.

I have dove with JDC also many times and still do, great operation! I put them right up there with Emerald Charter and Narcosis. Im diving Narcosis Oct 10 and Wetter the Better out of Lake Park for first time on Nov 15th with all ladies, LadyGaDiver (spearos). Cant wait! Filming crew will be on board, not used to seeing spearfishing women! Spearit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom