Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bulova can be a special bag of worms to get serviced, particularly early Accutron models. My bother has a 218 which I sent to Thailand to be serviced by this Australian gentlemen who's supposed to be The Guru for these things.

Let us know if it gets running again, and post pics regardless! Those Accutron divers are gorgeous.
This one might take a lot of work. The lume has degraded and leaves the hands “hollow”. Not sure if that is fixable, let alone any problems with the movement. It only was dived about 65 times in the early 80’s, then sat in a drawer since. They do get a good price on eBay even non working. The price to restore may not be worth it beyond sentimental value. Here is mine.
234F0A91-CE4D-4055-99FE-68EF914DABDA.jpeg

This one might take a lot of work. The lume has degraded and leaves the hands “hollow”. Not sure if that is fixable, let alone any problems with the movement.

It's like chasing rust, fading paint, or dents on a classic car--the right people with the right tools can do it, and it may even be worth it.

The hands could be polished and repainted with new lume formula. The rest of it looks pretty good. The quartz mov't is easier to service (parts availability) than the electric versions you sometimes see... I'd say there's plenty of reason to enquire about getting it running again.

The price to restore may not be worth it beyond sentimental value.

If you're looking to make money, it probably won't end up being a good investment, but you never know. Super cool looking, thanks for sharing!

It's like chasing rust, fading paint, or dents on a classic car--the right people with the right tools can do it, and it may even be worth it.

The hands could be polished and repainted with new lume formula. The rest of it looks pretty good. The quartz mov't is easier to service (parts availability) than the electric versions you sometimes see... I'd say there's plenty of reason to enquire about getting it running again.

If you're looking to make money, it probably won't end up being a good investment, but you never know. Super cool looking, thanks for sharing!
Not looking to make money, just don’t want to spend too much on something with little value. If I can get it functional (doesn’t have to be restored to like new) I’d be happy. Took a chance and stopped by a little mom and pop timepiece service centre locally. He says he can get replacement hands for it.. nice. I left it with him to see about cost to get it functional.

How have I not seen this? I’m a long time watch fiend and relatively new diver (4 years). My favorite dive watches are made by actual divers. Specifically, check our the Aegir CD-1 and CD-2 by Todd Caldwell and also the Scurfa watch line. They won’t break the bank and are much more fun than a Rolex.

How have I not seen this? I’m a long time watch fiend and relatively new diver (4 years). My favorite dive watches are made by actual divers. Specifically, check our the Aegir CD-1 and CD-2 by Todd Caldwell and also the Scurfa watch line. They won’t break the bank and are much more fun than a Rolex.
I dig those Scurfa’s…

I dig those Scurfa’s…
Absolutely! My Scurfa One has become my travel watch. Tough as nails, great strap, and excellent lume. Also not ridiculously gigantic on the wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom