Diving Trip CanCun to Cozumel BLUE XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM:
Well said Christi and good for you!!! Looking forward to dinner Saturday nite!

Hope your bday was good and that this didn't bring you down too much

Chris

Thank you! I had a WONDERFUL birthday and a nice little tiny break from work. The part that gets me down is trying to catch up now that I am back!

I am looking forward to Saturday and all of next week as well, but like I told Bill, I hope my crew will let me dive with y'all a day or two...haha!

Christi thanks for shedding the light on his story. I can't wait to meet you in april.

:wavey: Hi Christi-
In my opinion, you went above and beyond the call of duty. That guy was totally unreasonable and inconsiderate of all of your other divers. I agree with the TexasDiver - his plan was way to ambitious.
My husband and I will be diving with you in April, and we're really looking forward to it.
See ya then.

Kyle, nice way to start your SB experience. You obviously joined in order to flame Christi. Well, I guess that pretty much takes care of YOUR STORY. Obviously you won't be back. Memory problems are a difficult experience at best.

Christi, maybe he was just have a "Senior Moment". With all the things your clients have said about you on this board, I can't imagine you handling the situation the way Kyle described it. Props to you for a very nice explanation and as you have indicated, most agree with your terms. Continued success with your venture.

I have not dived with Blue XT, and while it is very impresive to see all the nice reports in this forum about this business, I have been following this thread with interest. It is is always instructive to see a story from both sides (Kyle's and Christi's). I have learnt a few things from it: thank you for posting, both Kyle and Christi. Since Kyle
mentioned that he selected this business partly based on the reports here, I am sure he is still reading the thread.

I do not see anything unreasonable in the way BLUE XT handdled the problem, but I hope Kyle comes back to the forum and continues sharing his experiences, good or bad.

-- Itziar

parrotheaddiver:
I noticed that it was his first post. He probably thought hey I can blast her op and everyone will agree. Ha. He didn't know how many friends in high places that Christi has.

While Christi indeed has friends here, the case was pretty clear cut on its merit (or lack of it, depending on POV) alone. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that not only was it his first post here, but his first trip to Mexico as well.

Some good advice I got when I was young was never to put together a plan where every little detail has to go right for the plan to succeed. That goes double in Mexico, and that is by no means a slam - I love it there. Some folks don't like going where they never know exactly how things are going to turn out, but that's exactly what attracts me.

ggunn:
That goes double in Mexico, and that is by no means a slam - I love it there.
The only thing that's ever "on time" in Mexico is the bull fight...

James

Two more Christi supporters. Posted our experiance from last month w/Blue XT-Sea, and when we got hit w/El Norte she refunded money, worked to get us to advanced sites, and free t-shirts as parting gifts!!!

I read all the reponses and some of you make me laugh and then again I got to realize it's a little different when you weren't there and didn't know exactly what happened.

I admit that it wasn't right for me to be late to the dock for a pick-up. But Christi's reponse is not all correct. The fact is I had been writing back and forth to Blue XT for weeks in advance trying to decide if the ferry thing would work. I even had hesitated by telling Christi on e-mail that I didn't want to hold any schedules up if I was late. She was aware of this. Some of your reponses were wondering why I didn't just dive on the CanCun side instead. Well, for one the diving is far better at Cozumel, and the main reason is I won a trip that paid my entire stay at Viva Maya on the CanCun side so that is why I wanted to ferry across.

The whole reason I am writing this is that I did call Christi early on Monday at her office and there was no answer so I left a message telling her I'd be coming on the 8:00 ferry after I saw there was no 7:00 ferry I borrowed a mans cell phone from the ferry waiting area and called her cell phone but there was no answer so I left a message on her voice mail. She told me on the e-mails to call her anytime on her cell phone if no answer at the office. She stated to me that she didn't get a call on her cell phone so I guess the message I left was on another cell phone with the name Christi.

I was most upset when I had my first conversation with her by phone when I called her from the pier later after the scheduled dive and it sounded like she was home washing dishes in the sink while she was talking to me. My first words to her was, "I'm sorry I didn't get here at 8:00 but there was supposed to be a 7:00 ferry by my schedule." And then I asked her if she got my message? She immediately cut me off and said, "We'll don't expect to get your money back for this dive because I'm not." I understand that she had a reason to be upset, but come on Christi lighten up a little and be a little more courteous in talking to a customer for the first time. Her tone of voice was very hateful and after that short phone call I decided not to continue my reserved dives for the rest of week. Not only was the phone call very negative but I have received e-mails from her that sounds like she should be using my $73.00 deposit that she pocketed and admit herself in an anger management class. I'm going to put a closer on this once and for all and other than this one days disappointment I had a great week of diving in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom