Diving Trip CanCun to Cozumel BLUE XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, instead of taking the later ferry and making everyone else wait on you, why didn't you take the earlier one? Better yet, since your rooms in Cancun were free, you could have booked a cheap room on Cozumel the night before and done everything at a leisurely pace.

Some ferry schedules show a 7 am PdC to CZM ferry, some don't, but they ALL say that schedules are subject to change without notice. One thing I believe virtually all of (the rest of) us will agree on is that scheduling yourself to travel from Cancun to Cozumel to make a morning dive is setting yourself up for potential frustrations.

As to Christi "pocketing" your $73, you need to understand that a no-show forfeits the fee, no matter WHAT the reason for the missed boat. You reservation likely kept someone else from diving that day on that boat, and dive operations run on narrow margins in small windows of time.

And as to Christi's attitude on the phone, as you say, I wasn't there, but generally when someone says that they are being all nice and the other person bites their head off out of the blue for no reason, there is usually more to it than that.

Christi,

I am in Cozumel and looked for your number in the book, couldn´t find it. I dove today with Blue Angel instead. Please give me a call so I can go diving with you, 872-4195.

crispos

crispos:
Christi,

I am in Cozumel and looked for your number in the book, couldn´t find it. I dove today with Blue Angel instead. Please give me a call so I can go diving with you, 872-4195.

crispos

The number for Blue XT SEA from Mexico is:
869-2409 - office
800-0916 - cell

I would have to agree with everyone. I will be in Cancun for the first full week of April. If I am expected to wait for someone else, I will be canceling my diving and going with another service.

I just wanted to express a sincere thank you to all that have posted and understand the policies of mine and other dive operator's on the island. I want to continue to provide excellent service to my customers and your thoughts are most welcome. Thank you again.

As for Kyle. Again Kyle, I am very sorry for the situation and the way it turned out for you. I really did do everything I could have to prevent this, and looking back I can honestly say there was nothing else I could have done. Our e-mail correspondence back and forth prior to your trip "warning" you of the challenges involved, offering to make hotel arrangements here on the island, as well as the fact that there was no 7:00am ferry were in fact received and read. I am also sorry that your perception of me and my operation is a negative one. I assure you that I strive to do all I can to ensure that my customers have a wonderful experience.

I am completely aware that the LAST thing most people want while on vacation is to have a "schedule" to keep to. Unfortunately, we do have limited space and a short window of time to work with, so scheduling and planning is essential. Waiting on a motionless dive boat for a customer, a crew member or mechanical problems is very disheartening for everyone. This is why we strive to be on time and to schedule accordingly. Unfortunately, situations do arise, and I do my best to rectify them when they occur.

I will continue to send and reply to e-mails, leave phone messages at hotels, and carry a cell phone at all times in efforts to prevent these type of situations from occurring.

The most important thing for you and all who travel to Cozumel (or anywhere) is to have a great vacation and to find a dive operator that meets your specific needs to ensure that you have a wonderful diving experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom