Diving This Weekend, Oct. 16 & 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like south-facing beaches will be primo this weekend. Laguna lifeguards say vis yesterday was 12-15 ft. Somebody here in the office has a "Magic 8 Ball", and I asked it "will conditions in Laguna be excellent this weekend". The response: "As I see it YES". If you want to verify this yourself, you can use a Magic 8 Ball via the web. Here's the link:

http://www.mattelgames.com/magic8/flash_index.asp

Anyway, who's up for some diving Sat and/or Sun ?

Jim,

Too bad about last weekend. That was the worst I have seen Laguna in a while (not that I have been diving much the last few months).

I am planning to give the new father-in-law and maybe another buddy a tour of Shaw's Cove on Sat. morning. Let me know if you end up being a single. We would be happy to have you along.

-Aaron

Aaron,
Cool !! I was gonna try to do Shaw's anyway this weekend, since I've never done it before.

I'm looking pretty good for joining you on Saturday!

I'll know for sure by tomorrow. Shaw's sounds like fun!

What time?

Christian

I'm diving Santa Barbara, Mesa Lane on Saturday.

I'm open for an early Sunday dive(s) in L.A./Orange county, the only thing is I got curfue at 12 noon......we can meet 6 or 7 am.

ICE

I would be interested in a Sunday dive if anyone else is... my beach diving experience up here is limited to Laguna so far, its probably the closest for me, but I am open :)

jennifer

sapphire:
I would be interested in a Sunday dive if anyone else is... my beach diving experience up here is limited to Laguna so far, its probably the closest for me, but I am open :)

jennifer

Jennifer,

Let me know what places your familiar with, Laguna will be new for me.......don't worry I can keep up.

Can you do an early dive? What time?

PM/Post if intrested

ICE

mccabejc:
Looks like south-facing beaches will be primo this weekend. Laguna lifeguards say vis yesterday was 12-15 ft. QUOTE]

Jim,
Last night (went in just about sunset) at Treasure Island (south laguna) the vis was easily 25+ feet, 1-2 foot waves, 70 suunto degrees...surge was fairly strong 2-5 feet.
Christopher

ICY ICE:
Jennifer,

Let me know what places your familiar with, Laguna will be new for me.......don't worry I can keep up.

Can you do an early dive? What time?

PM/Post if intrested

ICE

Hi ICE,

I have been to Shaw's Cove, Diver's Cove, and Crescent/Seal Rock/Deadman's (just don't ask me to find it!). All are nice dives...

Early is fine with me also. PM on the way.

Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom