Diving This Weekend, Oct. 16 & 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone out there diving tomorrow?
I'm new to the board and looking for someone to dive with Sun.

Or any time this week.

ITS BEEN TOO LONG (10 days or so)

help
:D

mgmonk:
Is anyone out there diving tomorrow?
I'm new to the board and looking for someone to dive with Sun.

Sapphire, Scott M, and I will be at Shaw's Cove tomorrow morning.

Meet at 7:15-7:30

In the water at: 8am

Everyone is welcome to join us

:11: :11: IF IT RAIN OVERNIGHT :11: :11:

Pasley just told me that there is a storm drain in the area, the amount of bacteria should be enough to keep you home for a coupple of weeks!

THIS DIVE WILL BE CANCELLED

Call me 323.377.4342 (AFTER 6am)

Go to Crescent/Deadman's Reef 10/17 for updates.

Frank O:
Hi Melvin, this was an interesting comment and a new one on me. Did you see a corresponding rise in surface swell when the wall of white rolled in? Otherwise, I can't think of what the transport mechanism involved would be.

The surge picked up. It was kind of like watching a cloud bank roll in, but comming up from the bottom. All I know it that is was neat to watch and our visibiliyt went out the windown. I have noted that about 12 to 24 hours before the rains come, the visibility goes down. It happened today around 2:50 pm or so up in Deer Creek. Great dive and good vis in the 20 foot range, and then, swell picked up and visibility went down.

Speaking of weird. Today at Staircase, as I was going out, I got sandwiched between a wave comming in and a wave comming out off the beach! Both curled over just as they got to me. I was ready for the one comming into the beach, but the smack in the back of the head just befor that wave got to me was a surprise. I had looked back just a bit before that and noticed the water had built up on the beach. The incoming wave sucked the water level way down and I guess creatated enough speed for the water comming off the beach to acutally wave up a bit. Anyway it happened and will go into me "isn't that just the dardnest thing" book.

Back
Top Bottom