Diving the Connecticut River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skizilla

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I know here was an earlier post about CT river diving but here is my two cents. I live on the CT/ ma border and have snorkled the river in several locations. Up here by the border the diving right now is great. 10-15 foot visability warm water and very little current. This summer the low river levels have made river diving great. I just got back from diving around some old washed out bridge foundations off of a boat launch in enfield CT in the thompsonville section. I saw lots of rock structure with a hard sandy bottom a sunken car and various debris associated with a wrecked bridge. Lots of small mouths, catfish, a striper and a sturgeon.
I have also snorkeled above in hatfield above northampton at the boat launch there and up by the vt border in northfield. In general the furtherr north you go the cleaner it gets. I even did middletown ct around the bridges there and there was maybe 8-10 ft vis. Supposedly there is a sunken train car off of the spinning train bridge.

The westfield also has excellent snorkelling and one or two places ere you could use a tank. SO does the deerfield at stillwater. It ain't the ocean but it ain't bad. Actually some times it is cleaner than where i dive the shore.

Does anyone else snorkel or dive any rivers or interesting lakes in the area. Oh Yeah Goose pond in lee and greenwater pond off of rt 20 in western mass grennwater specifically are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom