Diving Tables???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pablovi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering, are the different schools(SSI, PADI, NAUI, etc..) diving tables different?

And if they are, if your buddy has different diving tables than you, which one do you use to plan and execute your dives?
Is one "better" than others?

Thanks in advanced.

I'd go with whichever tables were the most conservative, thus safer.

Some of the tables do have slight differences between them. When you come across this, do as Quarrior says - dive the most conservative profile.

NAUI has some knock-out tables called RGBM's which are simple to use and "safe". The Canadian DCIEM tables are pretty darn good and tested on a good number of folks.. But, for the ultimate in entertainment and confusion my money is on the "wheel" or "Dial-A-Bends". :wink:

This graphic intensive device features sliders, wheels, and a padded vinyl jacket. It used to be a IDAP product.

Gotta love the wheel -- required item for PADI DM course, never seen anyone use one.

pablovi,

dive tables and ascent rates will differ with each agency and it is always 'safer' to go with the most conservative school of thought. it is believed, by some, that you can be too conservative. however, in a sport such as ours, and until there is more definite scientific data, better safe than sorry.

markfm:
Gotta love the wheel -- required item for PADI DM course, never seen anyone use one.

I saw one once and haven't got a clue how to use it, but it looks like you could plot a dive to the moon on it.

Terry

Web Monkey:
I saw one once and haven't got a clue how to use it, but it looks like you could plot a dive to the moon on it.

Terry

Shhhhh. That's a secret. If you look at page 2222 of the manual you will find that it was an Enigma Machine (cipher generator) at one time. :D X

Back
Top Bottom