Diving Sat. Nov. 9th. Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone up for some diving this Sat.?
There's a group going Sun. on Cape Ann, but I might be busy then. Saturday should be WARM, as in low 60s, sunny, light W/SW winds. I can do either Cape Ann or Jamestown, although I've been itching to do Ft. Wetherill. Anyone up for some Sat. diving?

-Roman.

Cape Ann would be okay with me, but I'd be up for checking out a new site too. Jamestown's a little bit farther than I want to go. Maybe we could hit the high tide at Cathedral, or something in Hull, Cohasset, Scituate, or Marshfield?

MSilvia once bubbled...
Cape Ann would be okay with me, but I'd be up for checking out a new site too. Jamestown's a little bit farther than I want to go. Maybe we could hit the high tide at Cathedral, or something in Hull, Cohasset, Scituate, or Marshfield?

High tide is at 14:20, low at 08:03 in Gloucester Harbor. The tide would be coming in as we dive. I'd be up for checking out a new site, as long as you know how to get there. I haven't dived anywhere on the south shore (not from shore anyway). Where do south shore diving folk usually meet? Wanna meet up 11ish? Anybody else? C'mon people, it's probably the last warm weekend of the year! Indian summer in Nov. Make the best of it and get your butts in the water!

-Roman.

I'll take a look at sites when I'm not so swamped at work, but I know Gun Rock Beach in Hull has a nice rock wall, available parking, and an easy sand entry. It tends to be a little bit on the shallow side, but wasn't bad last time I went. Aside from the rototilling of my buddies, the vis wasn't bad.

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepa...e/index.cfm&bpid=MAP0060030900&latlontype=DMS

I also wouldn't mind doing Strawberry Ledge off Nantasket Beach in Hull. It looks like a moderate surface swim over shallow sand, with a sudden dropoff over interesting terrain changes. I haven't tried it though, so it would be exploratory, and a good exercise in navigation.

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepa...le=25000&zoom=50&type=0&icon=0&latlontype=DMS

You want to meet at South Shore Divers in Weymouth at 10:30 or so? I'll need to stop by there to get a fill, maybe they know of some nice dive sites in the area as well. If not, we can always try the two you suggested, they seem to be pretty close to each other.

Anyone else who wants to show up, see you at SSD at 10:30.

-Roman.

I want to drop off one of my regs for service, get my tanks checked, and maybe buy a pony there anyhow, so I'll be happy to meet you there.

Back
Top Bottom