Sunday 8-15-21 Newport diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I suppose ya'll wondering how the diving was, me too. I forgot my boots can't dive without them. I tried to get the strap over the back of the my sandals but no go. Going to try again tomorrow
@Bubblesong @formernuke forget about FTW tomorrow AM go to Newport, Green Bridge should be beautiful tomorrow and the cove is one of the best spots in RI for tropical fish.

Mon...Ne Winds Around 5 Kt, Becoming Sw Around 5 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 1 Foot Or Less.

I was at Green Bridge yesterday. One of the nicest GB dives in recent memory. We were using our mini DPVs. Fantastic topography, will have video later
5D0B87F5-8E0C-4939-9078-A7C1464EC4F2.jpeg

I was at Green Bridge yesterday. One of the nicest GB dives in recent memory. We were using our mini DPVs. Fantastic topography, will have video laterView attachment 676807

Not surprised I'm heading soon for high slack 1459 or there about.

So I suppose ya'll wondering how the diving was, me too. I forgot my boots can't dive without them. I tried to get the strap over the back of the my sandals but no go. Going to try again tomorrow
@Bubblesong @formernuke forget about FTW tomorrow AM go to Newport, Green Bridge should be beautiful tomorrow and the cove is one of the best spots in RI for tropical fish.

Mon...Ne Winds Around 5 Kt, Becoming Sw Around 5 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 1 Foot Or Less.
I'll be diving the Manasquan Inlet today (Mon 16th), at an excellent spot for Gulf Stream tropical fish.

I went to Ft. Wetherill both Sunday night and Monday morning, but times I was in the water for low slack tide. Visibility was good, as Windy.com showed very little wave action for the 12 hours leading up to my dip. Photos cropped but not altered. Depth is shallow enough for me to stand up out of water.
The first photo is just to show viz this morning, with sunlight playing on sand.
Second photo is four critters from night dive interested in the blue light, left is hermit crab with seaweed, bottom in Northern puffer, right is Pipefish and top is a forward facing hermit crab.
Third photo is puffer with white light. There were a LOT of little puffers.

GOPR0017.JPG
GOPR0517 (3).JPG
GOPR0429 (2).JPG

I went to Ft. Wetherill both Sunday night and Monday morning, but times I was in the water for low slack tide. Visibility was good, as Windy.com showed very little wave action for the 12 hours leading up to my dip. Photos cropped but not altered.
The first photo is just to show viz this morning, with sunlight playing on sand.
Second photo is four critters from night dive interested in the blue light, left is hermit crab with seaweed, bottom in Northern puffer, right is Pipefish and top is a forward facing hermit crab.
Third photo is puffer with white light. There were a LOT of little puffers.

View attachment 676899 View attachment 676903 View attachment 676904

Nice what depth where those taken?

Had a lovely dive today! Finally got some good conditions!!

Dive 2103 8-16-2021 Green Bridge Newport solo

Did a very nice dive at GB 20'+ vis in the cove and 15' outside, no surge or white caps. Small rollers breaking over the rocks. Snorkeled out to the mouth of the cove and with the bottom visible I descended into 15' of water and headed S towards the eastern most rock formation. When the water got about 25-30FSW deep I turned W and toured the south side of the rocks until I hit 1500psi when I turned N and headed back to cove. Temp @Max depth30 71F! Where's the thermocline? :) After I entered the cove I stayed under until I passed the first big rock at the north end of the cove where I spotted Mrs.AD snorkeling around. I stalked her using my snorkel for 5 minutes before she spotted me. Good thing I wasn't something else!

Nice what depth where those taken?
Very shallow, couple feet.
Aaaaand I do believe I lost a boot this morning, Monday, in parking lot by benches. Bummer.
Edit: Found it stuck inside my wetsuit, which I put a water hose through to rinse and soak and still did not discover until i turned it rightside out.

Back
Top Bottom