Diving Santee Lakes in San Diego County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a piece from wiki, you are correct for dives DEEPER THAN 44 METERS. Each to our own interpretation i guess. I will say that when i first certed in Iowa the altitude of 1-1.5k was not considered high altitude. Perhaps things have changed that much since then.

Altitude diving is underwater diving using scuba or surface supplied diving equipment where the surface is 300 meters (1,000 feet) or more above sea level (for example, a mountain lake).[1][2] The U.S. Navy tables recommend that no alteration be made for dives at altitudes lower than 91 meters (300 feet) and dives between 91 meters and 300 meters correction is required for dives over 44 meters sea water (145 feet sea water)

I once took two rides in the chamber following a trip two days after my last dive to 1,400 feet. Long story but that's the short of it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Here is a piece from wiki, you are correct for dives DEEPER THAN 44 METERS. Each to our own interpretation i guess. I will say that when i first certed in Iowa the altitude of 1-1.5k was not considered high altitude. Perhaps things have changed that much since then.

Altitude diving is underwater diving using scuba or surface supplied diving equipment where the surface is 300 meters (1,000 feet) or more above sea level (for example, a mountain lake).[1][2] The U.S. Navy tables recommend that no alteration be made for dives at altitudes lower than 91 meters (300 feet) and dives between 91 meters and 300 meters correction is required for dives over 44 meters sea water (145 feet sea water)

I once took two rides in the chamber following a trip two days after my last dive to 1,400 feet. Long story but that's the short of it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Santee town is 345' elevation and lake surface is likely close to 300'. I would be more worried about fresh water parasites than altitude... Many modern dive computers can calculate for altitude.

I agree with you on this and i think there is another lake or resavoir in the area at perhaps 700. Its been 20+ years seince i have been there so i could be mistaken. I believe my preditor comps for this on the fly at startup. but for those that use tables there are some additional rules for some dives at verious depth groups.

Santee town is 345' elevation and lake surface is likely close to 300'. I would be more worried about fresh water parasites than altitude... Many modern dive computers can calculate for altitude.[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom