Diving Powell River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwissie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm going up to Powell River this weekend for the first time, planning to hit all of the great shore dives I've heard about. As usual, I'm looking for advice and suggestions for places to stay, eat and dive while I'm there.

Kwissie

Paging Wolf Eel...Derek...oh Derek where are you?

[bwerb Paging Wolf Eel...Derek...oh Derek where are you?]

LOL many times over holy crap step out side for a second and the whole world turns :D

Derek

[Kwissie I'm going up to Powell River this weekend for the first time, planning to hit all of the great shore dives I've heard about. As usual, I'm looking for advice and suggestions for places to stay, eat and dive while I'm there.

Kwissie]

Hi i can help you out.

Places to stay are you camping or how would you like to live whiles here ?

Shore Dives Start with the Mermaid then continue around the corner to Thunder bay and then head on up to the Malahate then continue to Dinner Rock and on up to Lund which then offers loads of great Dives and Air.

Food what is it you like we have almost everything except Tims,Wendys, and some other great stuff.
Please do e-mail me as I can give you more info and I will send you my number and we can talk. If you are by yourself and don't mind little ones and Wolves howling at everything then you can stay here. PM overexposed or Uncle PUG and they may vouch for me that you are safe. :D May being the Key word.
Cheers
Derek

kwissie... Powell River is awesome diving!!! We had a wonderful time up there a couple of weeks ago. Most of our diving was out of a RIB however one of my favorite dives was a shore dive at the mermaid! Viz was incredible at close to 200'. Wofeel would be an excellent resource. We were blessed to have him dive with us a couple of days during the trip!

I'll second everything that U Pug said. Derek was a terrific guide. He's not kidding about the wolves either. If you go up to Lund you have to go to the bakery in the morning! The vis was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Derek - When are you coming down our way? Got lots of room for you to stay. U.P. and I met a HUGE octo today. Wasn't as friendly as the one we saw at the mermaid, but U.P. figured it to be about 60 or so pounds.

Derek,

I am just going to PM you back. We will be arriving on Saturday as there is no way for us to make the last ferry Friday night. Thanks to bwerb for putting out the page!

Going to PM now....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom