diving on good friday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrtonkin once bubbled...
Well, Cat and I were looking for somewhere to go diving on friday, this looks good, assuming it's going to be reasonable for beginners.

Although getting down to Belleville for 10:30 is going to mean an Ugh-early start to the day :(

Does ducks do equipment rentals? We're going to need tanks, and I'm going to need a BC and regs; somehow I doubt we'll be able to pick those up from a shop around here before we leave that morning. (Could get them the day before, but hey, if I can save the cost of an extra day's rental...)

Jamie

I can get you guys a couple of BCs and reg sets if you need them PM me to figure out how I'm going to get them to you..

Can you provide any links to info on this site (what's to see, what vis is likely to be, parking, entry, etc.) Are people likely to be doing more than one dive? It's quite drive from here (assuming I can talk my buddy into it). I was planning on hitting the pool Thu eve, but real open water sounds better.

On the rental front (jrtonkin), I think most stores around here would consider a Thu eve pick up and a Sat am return, to be a one day rental. My LDS doesn't open Sunday, and I know a Sat afternoon pick up and a Monday return is a one day.

jrtonkin

something to consider for rental -- Friday is Good Friday and by law most things must be closed, so even if you rented Thursday, and returned Saturday they shouldn't be charging you....

And/or contact information please for canuckdiver, Ontario Diver and Doppler (?)
I will be reachable via jrtonkin (for those with his #) after about 10:45 pm Wednesday or PM me for my cell#, please.

Wow - and here I was concerned that I'd have no-one to dive with this weekend. now it's just a question of logistics and figuring how much caffeine to pour into jtronkin in the am (enough to get him moving but below the lethal level - now what did I do with my tox. book? :D )

On the topic of logistics - Groundhog246: what is your take on the approximate drive time from KW to the site?

The dinner idea sounds good but - Kingston? Already a lot of driving for me :(

duck's dive is a dive shop south of picton at point traverse.

they have a small rock shore just behind the shop that has a barge and an old diving bell in about 60' of water.
parking should be no problem for up to about 6 cars or so, if we meet up at the denny's in belleville beforehand, some of us could carpool to cut down on the number of vehicles.

cat, for contact info, please PM me, I'll forward it that way :wink:

Well I will be standing on the shore in my wetsuit and BC crying. No regs (because they may get in my mouth and I might start breathing):confused: and no tanks (I hear they hold air!!) I'm being good but it doesn't mean I have to like it ;-0 Have a blast guys.

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Well I will be standing on the shore in my wetsuit and BC crying. No regs (because they may get in my mouth and I might start breathing):confused: and no tanks (I hear they hold air!!) I'm being good but it doesn't mean I have to like it ;-0 Have a blast guys.

We are feeling more and more sorry for you Cobalt... if this keeps up, you're gonna have to get a referral letter and we'll find an instructor who dives to complete your certification for you... LOL

DD

I knew I liked you Doppler. That's alright, I will do my time like everyone else and then you will have a monster on your hands. I really mean have fun when I say it. I will have my time. :wink:

cat once bubbled...
On the topic of logistics - Groundhog246: what is your take on the approximate drive time from KW to the site?

I'n not sure exactly where the dive site is. I'd estimate about 3 hours, less if you drive fast (I don't push it very hard anymore, I'd rather leave earlier and relax, than rush and arrived stressed). Being a holiday, traffic through Toronto shouldn't be an issue.

I hope the weather forecasters are wrong, latest is snow or freezing rain, Friday am.

If I may make an announcement, our 14YO (15 in July) signed up for OW today. First lesson next Tue. I may be more excited than he is.

Back
Top Bottom