Diving Oct 14 or 15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Hello, anyone around?

So we are going up there about 8:30 (Rich, CMU, and myself). So we will be seeing you there Astro. I am bringing your number with me. Hmmm, better pm you mine as well. Hope your girl had a blast at homecoming. That is where lil sis is tonight as well; hence, why she bailed on diving tomorrow.

I went to WalMart (save my soul) and bought a license tonight. Something I have been putting off for ages. This should ensure me never seeing another crab or lobster again :winky:

This will be my last dive for a couple of weeks :sad: - so I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

See everyone in the morning :multi:
Thanks (I think) to the walking petri dish I call my daughter, I got a bug last night and woke up ill this morning. She's done that to me twice this month. Arrrgggg. Since this is the first opening day (of stone crab season) that I've missed in a few years, I fully expect you guys to clean up!

Walmart works, but you can use the internet these days: https://www2.wildlifelicense.com/fl/

BTW, Allison's homecoming is the 28'th - the night before the Sheridan dive on the 29'th (due to an overly expensive college education, I can add 28 + 1 and get 29 :)). I think I'm going to sleep in a hotel that weekend to avoid any bugs that kid drags home from school!

Dive was good today. It was the first time I left the wetsuit at home and found myself shivering 15 minutes into the 75 degree dive. Doh! I lasted an hour and 15 minutes though. I didn't know about the license thing but was too timid to grab the scarry creatures with pinchers anyway so I hung around, pointed out the crabs I saw to my buddies, watched my buddies pick 'em up and Miss let the crab crawl up her arm. I was more comfortable poking them with a stick.

Rich and I saw this big flat fish on the sand, and I can't remember what kind of fish he thought it was, but he poked it and it went darting off right beneath me. Did you hear me scream? Hehehe. We had a very nice lunch and it was a wonderful morning.

Sorry you got ill, AstroDad.

That was a good day. Different. I think next time I will do much better. Still I was proud of my catch. I let the pregnant female go but when I was thinking about it later I wondered if I had to? Anway, I just finished dinner which was seafood pasta :D

I was really surprised at the amount of coral growing there. Didn't expect that.

Chris, I know your daughters thing is the 29th. I think I got myself confused as lil sis had her last night.

Well this group of three definitely had a good Sunday morning :fish:

Didn't do too bad for my first attempt, and I got enough to so the boss lady will let me go out for 'em again! I'll do better next time now that I know where the buggers are hiding! Also perfected my technique for taking off their claw instead of the other way around!:11:

I think it was a Sea Robin that went zipping out under CMU, I had seen it earlier. I didn't actually poke at it (SR's are kind of territorial and fun to play with), but more likely came close to stepping on it. Still, anything to make the girls scream.:D

To bad you got a cold, Astrodad. It was a good day for diving and for Stoneys!:peace2:

MissD, you let a crab crawl up your arm! That was surely a missed Kodak moment! you guys need to take a camera with you next time.

AstroDad:
Thanks (I think) to the walking petri dish I call my daughter, I got a bug last night and woke up ill this morning. She's done that to me twice this month. Arrrgggg. Since this is the first opening day (of stone crab season) that I've missed in a few years, I fully expect you guys to clean up!

Walmart works, but you can use the internet these days: https://www2.wildlifelicense.com/fl/

BTW, Allison's homecoming is the 28'th - the night before the Sheridan dive on the 29'th (due to an overly expensive college education, I can add 28 + 1 and get 29 :)). I think I'm going to sleep in a hotel that weekend to avoid any bugs that kid drags home from school!

Astro just have the exyerminator come for the kids :D :D :D :rofl3: j/k

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom