Diving Oct 14 or 15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone diving this weekend or want to dive? I am having surgery on Monday and won't be able to dive for several days. Anywhoozle, I need, need, need, to get some diving in before Monday or I dunno I might explode :11: :hmmm: u never know :ne_nau:

:D

BTW, no biggie, just minor carpal tunnel surgery.

AstroDad:
I'm doing the Sheridan with a friend (and his boat) Saturday, then going out Sunday to grab some crabs out near the Skyway (stone crab season starts Sunday 10/15)...

You will see stone crabs on the Sheridan as well. What is the deal with the license and crabs? I have actually been wondering with all of these guys taunting me :D I assume you know since you are going crabbing.

AstroDad:
Just your regular (non-commercial) salt water fishing license.

Do they have to be a certain size or anything? Will this be your first trip to the Sheridan? Doing Blackthorn as well?

Min claw size 2 3/4". All the details here.

First time at Sheridan. Going over to the St Pete Reef afterwards (I think - depends on what the kids want to do).

I've got a group going to West Palm this weekend. We're diving with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures. I'll be on both the morning and afternoon charters on both Saturday and Sunday. You're welcome to join us. PM me for details if you're interested.

Doug

AstroDad:

First time at Sheridan. Going over to the St Pete Reef afterwards (I think - depends on what the kids want to do).

Ah very good. Hrmmm, maybe I will get a license. If I do though I will prolly never see another one :wink:

Well maybe I will see you out there if I find someone to go.

There's a group of us going Sunday. All I know is that a buddy called and I said "Yes". If you like, I can get details (time, exact location, etc) and let you know tomorrow....

AstroDad:

I hunted 'lobster' for years but never stone crabs... I must learn more...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom