diving Monterey july 18 and 19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know many folks say you can pick up divers when in Monterey...but twice over the past 5 years I was trying to find a hookup and no divers (admittedly one was midweek).

So thought i would try to find someone here...I fly into sjc friday and staying at pebble (the boy/family once in a lifetime golf outing...me, not so much). Trying to find someone to dive with in the area Saturday and Sunday before heading back to sjc for work. I will have a rental car and all my gear/drysuit except tanks/weights which I will need to rent.

I dont know any divers down there anymore for a ready hookup...so hoping someone will take pity on me.
Shell

Hmmm...thinking about relocating to WA...need to meet divers up there...

Hey, I'll dive with you!

If you can alter your schedule we could probably get into Lobos Monday.

Pleas send me a PM if you want to dive.

Hmmm...thinking about relocating to WA...need to meet divers up there...

Hey, I'll dive with you!

If you can alter your schedule we could probably get into Lobos Monday.

I'll vouch for 3D's competence as a diver. You could do a lot worse, and not much better for a buddy.

There's a bamboo reef day coming up for monastery during that time period.

hmm. might have to get my crawling muscles working...

I really appreciate all the responses!

Turns out, I only have Sunday available. Thanks 3D for the offer...but cant' do Monday. I am teaching some classes for work in Palo Alto that day... :(
I had someone email me about Sunday so hoping that works out but will update if that doesn't go through!
Shell

Well, it appears I may not have a dive buddy for Sunday...anyone willing to let me dive with them? I travel with my gear, dive dry with bp/w. Ijust need weights for my harness and tanks from local shop and iI am good to go.

Anyone avail?
Shell

My offer stands (the Monday/Lobos thing was just a suggestion).

Are you staying in Palo Alto? If so, we could carpool down.

Where did you want to dive?

A heads up ...

3D, I believe a few months ago you were seriously inconvenienced by traffic on 152 during a weekend diving trip. There was a large event at the Laguna Seca racetrack causing the slowdown that day. I hit my alternate (twisty rural) route, but those other roads are not easy to get to if there are no exits nearby.

I expect bigger backups this weekend.

On Saturday, July 18 2015, the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute will have its annual summertime open house.

This event was so popular last year that it turned California State Route 1 (PCH) and part of CA 152 into a fifteen mile long, three legged parking lot centered on Moss Landing for most of the afternoon and evening. At the time, there was CalTrans work on a new cloverleaf in extreme southern Santa Cruz County, so it might not be so bad this year, but the traffic for this event has gotten worse every year that I have gone.

Good memory...gotta be careful what I post, now I know folks are reading/remembering 'em. :D

I believe it was a golf/pebble beach thing, but yeah, the traffic sucked.

Saturday is a get-tanks-filled day for me, fortunately. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, and Shell...some friends are arranging a Coral Street dive Sunday, conditions permitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom