Diving Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdharbis1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My subscription to SportsDiver magazine is about to expire and it is not what I really wanted/expected. There is more sale and photos than how-to articles. Not that these are bad, it just doesn't balance the apple cart with information that would be useful to landlock amateur divers, speaking of me of course! I want to learn more about 'how' to dive and how others handle things, like cleaning a regulator. Just everyday stuff.

OK, like I said, my subscription is expiring and I would like to get a publication that would have some of what I spoke of above. I really enjoy reading this board and 'dreaming' about diving and would like a magazine of some sort to peruse at the house. Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe Scubaboard could start a monthly highlight, if none exits :) oops, it wouldn't be a board then!

thx,
Randy

Dive Training magazine?

I'm with Perone. Dive Training Mag is very good. Their website is www.dtmag.com . Some dive shops may even give away free copies - I know my LDS always has a counter full for visitors to pick up.
Dive Safe and Have Fun!

I think D/T is excellent.

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info. I love this board!!

Advanced Diver?

I was thinking the same about Sport Diver. This month, I bought a copy because Hawaii was showcased. Well, they always have the same articles about the same couple of operators. Really not stimulating at all. The writing is poor.

I'm still at the stage where I'll read anything about diving and subscribe to pretty much everything, but I find that I finish each new issue of Scuba Diving in about 10 minutes. I do enjoy Dive Training, but the magazine I really like is the British magazine, Diver. The quality of the writing and opinions blows all the US mass-trade magazines away. It's expensive, but worth it--my wife gave me a subscription for Christmas.

Dive Training is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned above, some dive shops have it for free.

Advanced diver is great, but not a lot in there for a newish diver (Sorry Curt!). I could say the same for Wreck Diving Magazine which I also enjoy. I have one issue of DIVE magazine and it's nice, but is far to regional for my tastes. I can't remember a single article I saw that wasn't either on British diving or Red Sea diving.

Walter, though Dive Training may not be "excellent" it might fit the bill for the diver in question. Do you have an example of something that might fit better? If so, I'd love to read it. Being a newbie myself (in some regards) I'm certainly open to new things to read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom