Diving in the Red Sea

Do like diving in the Red Sea,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you expect somone not to like diving in the red sea ?

I dont like the Red Sea ... the area around Hurghada is desolate and full of empty coral bommies with millions of snorkelers
The Sharm sites are better, but only if you go to Ras Mo or Tiran.
The Southern Egyptian Red Sea is in a better state, but only for a while.
South East Asia has a wider variety of marine life and the Andaman Sea, Malaysia (Perhentian, Sipadan) are awesome by comparison to the sites around Hurghada and Sharm

I was in Sharm in October. Local sites like the Gardens are not very good. Ras Mohammed is still excellent but is very crowded with divers. I was there 10 years ago also and I did see a difference. The "saddle" area between Shark Reef and Jolanda Reefs has less coral but the average diver today might not notice that.

Southern Egypt is still the best. I think that Elphinstone is as good as any site in the world. The reef is completely covered in corals and swams of fish. Here you can also so see larger animals on a regular basis. It does not get any better than that.

Hi

I like most divers enjoy diving in the red sea, but like Belusi I prefer S.E. Asia for the pretty much same reasons. However, the red sea is only four hours flight away and unlike S.E. Asia there is no jet lag. It makes a perfect destination Europeans who want to take a one week dive holiday. I'm going back next week. Yipee.

Sylvie

Just got back from a second live-aboard...propably wont do another one there for a while now...the wrecks are nice and it´s only a "short" plane-ride away...after a week of diving I find that I´m pretty bored during the reefdives though...just floating along...It´s really nice and all (I´ve had pods of dolphins around me on both trips) but I´m going somewhere else on my next trip...

I have been to Sharm and Dahab twice this year (only another 2 visits planned in 2004!) The Red Sea is great, shame about the overcrowded sites, but then if your there, you're one em!!

I've been to Dahab twice in the last 6 months. Easy diving, loads of reef life, but no big stuff. Only really saw 2 overcrowded sites, and one of those was the Blue Hole. I really like it there, and the relaxed laid back atmosphere makes it even better.

Back
Top Bottom