Diving in Maui this October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys going out with Halemano on Tuesday or just by yourselves? My fiancee and I are doing a night dive on Tuesday, and it might be fun to meet some scubaboarders, but we don't want to hire a guide this trip.

No night dive this Tuesday.

FWIW, grouping a guide makes it cheaper, and safer. Halemano would only cost us 25$ per diver including air for a night dive (one tank). He provides the tanks.

Let's see if this Wed or Thurs we can organize one or not.

Think on how many times you get a full moon while in Hawaii for diving when you don't live here.

Last edited:
Hey all,

just wanted to check in and say I went on a 2 tank dive with Shaka Doug on the 12th (a day before my wedding)

I loved every moment of the dives. My buddy and I both agree that it was more enjoyable than our dives in El Gouna, Egypt. Shaka Doug was an awesome guide, he picked out alot of cool critters to show us (which was awesome!)

Now that my family is gone, I have about 6 days left.. I am hoping to make about 4 more dives before I leave. I will definitely be calling up Shaka Doug at least once before I leave. I am debating if I want to check out Lanai, or Molokini.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Lanai (like the Cathedrals) was much better than Molokini.

At Molokini, we dove early, first boat at the scene (2 others showed up within 5 mins). However there was not much activity. My snorkel shore dives at "Big Beach" were more interesting than Molokini.

So far, diving from shore, all around Maui, with a guide, is what I'll forever recommend. I drove nearly all the around both parts of Maui, and conditions are very different. Using a guide, plus shore diving, is the best combo.

Never ended up doing a night dive. My "vacation" time was only Sun-Tues, as the rest of the week was a training course, or else I would have dove more.

The "drive to Hana" all the way to the Seven Pools was not worth the drive IMHO the first 1/3 of the journey just as beautiful as the other 2/3.
I found the South part of the Island, below Kihei, like the Makena State Park, the best part.

I stayed in the West area, North of Lahaina, North of the Kaanapali parkway. Conditions on the West was very windy, red flag beaches. North part, like Paia, very windy and huge waves, perfect for surfers. The beaches all along the "Southern" part of the island, from Lahaina to Maalaea to Kihei to Wailea, the best for diving & snorkeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom