Diving in Ft. Lauderdale 2/7-2/8 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
How is the diving in that area, Fort Lauderdale? Are there good Dive Operations/hotel combos? What's there to see that could compare with key largo?
PLENTY to choose from, I lived there.
Southeast Oceanic services, Dania Fl, Nice big Newton. If you like a nice wreck type dive, try the Tenaco Towers about 110+ deep, just beautiful with lots of beautiful coral. Also Lighthouse Dive Center in Pompano Beach.
There used to be a dive boat outfit called DiversionExcursion don't know if the are still in business. Lots of Small Dive Boats too Dive the Sea Emperor if you want to see lots of Southern Rays & a Couple of huge Jewfish. Used to be a fish feeding area until it was banned in Florida.
Try Ft Lauderdale websites for names of dive operations or Bet bet "Florida Diving News" if it is online.
Great beach diving too. You can park for 3 hrs only so get there when the gates open at 0800. Vista Park is a wel kept secret. Not now lol

Be in Key Largo in May

Marvel:
You can always try The American Dream II http://scubafortlauderdale.com/ out of Ft Lauderdale. It's dockside at the Hyatt Regency on the 17th Street Causeway & a terrific dive op. If you guys are interested in some beach diving, let us know- the Conchs are always ready for a dive. Of course, we aren't on vacation so it can be a little hard to schedule... :wink:

Marvel is firing on all cylinders as usual here. American Dream 2 is downstairs at the Pier 66 Hyatt and Capt Todd is great to dive with. Measure your walking distance in feet, not miles :)

deepstops:
Marvel is firing on all cylinders as usual here. American Dream 2 is downstairs at the Pier 66 Hyatt and Capt Todd is great to dive with. Measure your walking distance in feet, not miles :)

How do you like ProDive dive op and the Doubletree Hotel on Seabreeze Blvd?

pilot fish:

I haven't been on ProDive since the original owners died about six years ago. I didn't like the layout of their boat when I went on it then.

I run weekly night dives with American Dream 2 in the summer and have never had a single issue and Captain Todd "runs a tight ship". He runs a Newton 46 Dive Special that is a sweet dive boat.

I can only comment on the beach hotels I stayed at during the yearly air show and that's the Marriott Beach Place and the Sheraton Yankee Trader.
The Hyatt Pier 66 is a landmark hotel in FLL and has a cool (and very good) rotating restaurant on the top floor.
Is the DoubleTree inside Bahia Mar? If so, it's very nice.

deepstops:
I haven't been on ProDive since the original owners died about six years ago. I didn't like the layout of their boat when I went on it then.

I run weekly night dives with American Dream 2 in the summer and have never had a single issue and Captain Todd "runs a tight ship". He runs a Newton 46 Dive Special that is a sweet dive boat.

I can only comment on the beach hotels I stayed at during the yearly air show and that's the Marriott Beach Place and the Sheraton Yankee Trader.
The Hyatt Pier 66 is a landmark hotel in FLL and has a cool (and very good) rotating restaurant on the top floor.
Is the DoubleTree inside Bahia Mar? If so, it's very nice.

Doubletree is near Bahia, I' m told but not part of it.

scubadad:
That's the nice one. We are using Points and it was not available. I called Diversity and we are scheduled for Saturday afternoon. It looks like we are going to miss you.

If he's going in the afternoon, then so am I. I'm an AM/PM kind of guy.... :crafty:

pilot fish:

Pro Dive is very good IMO. They're a friendly group of people and run a good operation. Their boat can be a bit crowded at times as they have lots of students on board although those students are usually advanced divers such as Divemaster candidates and Instructors. The boat is big, 60 foot, so they have a few amenities that others don't like male and female heads, a galley that they sell snacks out of and an upper deck for sunning yourself on those sunny South Florida days. The one really good thing is that they go out everyday, weather permitting, because they always have enough divers on board. Other boats sometimes don't run if they can't get at least 3 or 4 divers, and this time of year that can be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom