Diving in Ft. Lauderdale 2/7-2/8 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro:
Pro Dive is very good IMO. They're a friendly group of people and run a good operation. Their boat can be a bit crowded at times as they have lots of students on board although those students are usually advanced divers such as Divemaster candidates and Instructors. The boat is big, 60 foot, so they have a few amenities that others don't like male and female heads, a galley that they sell snacks out of and an upper deck for sunning yourself on those sunny South Florida days. The one really good thing is that they go out everyday, weather permitting, because they always have enough divers on board. Other boats sometimes don't run if they can't get at least 3 or 4 divers, and this time of year that can be a problem.

On May 6th, the day I arrive, ProDive is holding one of those DiveMaster classes so I think the boat will be crowded that day. Not looking forward to a cattleboat atmosphere, which is what I fear it will be that day :(

pilot fish:
On May 6th, the day I arrive, ProDive is holding one of those DiveMaster classes so I think the boat will be crowded that day. Not looking forward to a cattleboat atmosphere, which is what I fear it will be that day :(

They separate the boat into smaller groups. So you won't see them once you're in the water.

paulwall:
They separate the boat into smaller groups. So you won't see them once you're in the water.

Figured that but it's the setup on the boat that will be dicey/crowded. Hate to get packed in trying to find a clear spot to setup and check gear. Sure it'll be fine .They only run one boat though, right?

Try American Dream II then. They're just down the street and around the corner at the Pier 66 Hotel. Todd runs a great operation and the boat is fairly new so it's in great shape with lots of room for divers to move around.

Padipro:
Try American Dream II then. They're just down the street and around the corner at the Pier 66 Hotel. Todd runs a great operation and the boat is fairly new so it's in great shape with lots of room for divers to move around.

I'm already signed up with ProDive and they got me a cheaper rate at Doubletree but thank you anyway.

pilot fish:
Figured that but it's the setup on the boat that will be dicey/crowded. Hate to get packed in trying to find a clear spot to setup and check gear. Sure it'll be fine .They only run one boat though, right?

All the times I've been with them (off-season) it's only been the 1pm dive. The will run a nite dive depending on demand.

Really, the classes should go out in the AM, and let the sightseers out in the PM. But it's their boat...

I haven't heard back from American dream, so I might sign up with them for 2/7 and 2/8, if the winds hold out. Or maybe back up to The Diversity!!!

paulwall:
All the times I've been with them (off-season) it's only been the 1pm dive. The will run a nite dive depending on demand.

Really, the classes should go out in the AM, and let the sightseers out in the PM. But it's their boat...

I haven't heard back from American dream, so I might sign up with them for 2/7 and 2/8, if the winds hold out. Or maybe back up to The Diversity!!!

I agree with you, do the class separately. At least it's Dive Master class, no OW class. The boat has a capacity of 28 so Im sure they will do their best to fill it. As long as I can set up without feeling as if Im on the subway at rush hour I'll be OK.

When you get to the boat ask them if you can sit in the back close to the platform. That way you'll be the first one off the boat and won't have to climb over the top of everyone trying to get into the water.

Padipro:
When you get to the boat ask them if you can sit in the back close to the platform. That way you'll be the first one off the boat and won't have to climb over the top of everyone trying to get into the water.

Good idea. Thanks .Or in the back and be the last one off? Either one works, huh? :)

Ya, but being in the back it can take forever to get in the water waiting on everyone else to get their act in gear. Then on the other end of the dive it means climbing over everyone that has exited the water before you, usually everyone else on the boat sinse you were in the back and one of the last ones in the water in the first place.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom