Diving in Colombia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome. Btw, from a historical perspective, you may be interested in the fact that of the 25,000 men Vernon brought with him to attack Cartagena, 6,000 were from Virginia. Something they don't tell us much about in school.

And I'm just back from a different Colombia destination. The diving in San Andres was simply superb. It is one of those destinations that hasn't been discovered by the North American tourist market... yet.

Have heard excellent reports on San Andres. Am considering a week there in conjunction with a planned trip to Costa Rica next Jan.

drew,
to get to san andres did you first have to fly into the capital city of colombia and then fly to san andres?
regards,

Smokey Braden- You can get to San Andres from Costa Rica's capitol city, San Jose. Google SCUBA and San Andres and you should find some dive ops that have package deals from there.

What airline? I live in Central America and right now to go to San Andres other than on a charter with DeCameron hotels, I have to fly San Pedro Sula to Miami to Bogota to San Andres. Seems anything originating out of her with a Colombian destination goes to Miami first.

If I can get there from San Jose Costa Rica, I can plot each leg of the trip separately and avboid the extra stops and plane changes.

It's definitely possible to fly directly into San Andres from some airports.

We flew in direct from Toronto on a charter staying at one of the Decameron hotels last December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom