Diving in Aqaba/Dahab for beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ramoul

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be on vacation in Jordan with my wife and we are flying back home from Cairo. She wants to try scuba diving; what would be the best site between Aqaba and Dahab (or any town in the vicinity)? We would like a "nice" city with other activities to do beside diving.
Thanks,
Ben

Try Seastar in Aqaba. They will look after you, and there is very little current to worry about. Excellent for first-timers.

Plenty to do From Aqaba - Wadi Rum/Petra (two days needed). Up north you have Jerash/Amman/Dead Sea.

Spoiled for choice!

Consider diving Aqaba, then Eilat, then Dahab. That's three countries on the one sea.

Enjoy and stay safe,

Seadeuce

Dahab is a very quiet spot, with diving being the main activity.
It has more hotels now than when I visited it, but nightlife and excursions are limited to bars and Mt. Sinai, which can be done from Sharm el Sheikh, and is definitely worth the trip. The dawn is magical on that mountaintop.
BTW you have only the last 2,500ft to climb by steps, as you are bussed to the monastery carpark.

Cheers

Seadeuce

If you're diving in Dahab, bear in mind that Mt Sinai is at altitude.

I wasn't aware of just how high until I was told I couldn't throw in the hike at the end of my diving there - to my great disappointment. I was really looking forward to it. So plan for a day's gap (time to check out the town, chill and smoke a pipe or two if you like that sort of thing).

Hi there,
Dahab a cool chilled place for diving, you would be well looked after. Mostly shore diving, house reefs are all pretty good.There are Camel Safaris if you fancy, plenty of Camps still that are cheap. You can also do desert trips to bedouin villages. Personally i would dive Dahab fairly quiet and im bias as i live and work here, no real current here and the good reputable dive centres would not take you anywhere unsafe. Jordon expensive same as uk, Dahab cheap cheap!!
Have fun whatever you decide, Ramadan starts on 4 oct so some bars here shut for a month
claire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom