Diving Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer:
Bob,
You use 3mm - argghhhh - I hate gloves but not enough to use 3mm - I'm shuddering at the thought :) Then again, gloves are so yuk that I see your point but well .... I get cold without 'em.

And I shudder at the thought of having my hands wet at all in the cold water....

For cold water I have Isotoners under Atlas Vinyl gloves No 490, blue on rings connecting to my drysuit. Most commercial fishing stores sell them.

Warm water Pinnacles or 2mm neoprene.

I'm actually glad others wear gloves. I received the look of horror when I pulled out my gloves on a liveaboard in PNG.

moonlighting:
My next dive requires me to wear gloves. Of what material should a good diving gloves be? I dive in the Philippines so the water is normally warm. Once during fish feeding, i was handed thick gloves. The thickness bothered me as I had difficulty feeling the button of my BCD. Also, it's important for me that I have a good grip of the hoses, etc. Thanks a lot.

Happy diving forever!
In warm water I usually wear gardening gloves.

In moderate temps I wear fishing gloves made by South Bend.
I can get you the UPCs for the large and extra large sizes if you need them.

Akona makes the best warm water gloves, super tough but with good dexterity. heavy duty spearfishers can still get a year out of them.

Model akfg704 gloves, made of armortex, they can't use the name Kevlar anymore, but that's what they are.

Chad

You can just get the Aquamundo neoprene gloves at Dive Buddies, P750. Not too thick, just right. That's what I use BTW. :)

My glove choice only seems to matter when hunting for goodies.
After shredding another pair of way too expensive reef gloves,
Someone taught me to switch to commercial fishing gloves.
Now If I am going to be doing anything but touching the anchor line, I wear atlas commercial fishing gloves. Which is perfect...they are $3.20 a pair..WOO:) If you get them in bulk, they get cheaper.

I like my Henderson hyperstretch 5mm for cooler water. Otherwise, I'd rather not wear them. My dive buddy told me that you can put the stuff you use to seal a torn seam on the fingertips to prolong the life of the gloves. He said to do it when they start getting a little frayed around tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom