Diving doubles.... a trim issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really!!!! Not that I have seen regularly, in fact very rare with this combination

Of course there are many variables. But have seen countless examples of people diving steel doubles in fresh water, with alum or kydex plates, even dry with no weight.

I get that salt water makes you more floaty, but a decent steel plate and wet ought to get most pretty close.

Now if ur diving lp72s. That’s gonna hurt you.

Heck, I’m a pretty floaty 275# and I can dive a LP104 w a steel plate and 3m wetsuit just fine. A 5/6m suit, and I have to kick down to 15’, But it’s divable.

You can also try ankleweights. Buddy of mine swears by them.

I bought a set of ankle weights on the recommendation of the owner of a dive shop.

yeah I have taken to carrying only fat people in my car so I can't speed

but, I would prefer to glue an elephant to my head than lead to my feet

Really!!!! Not that I have seen regularly, in fact very rare with this combination
I dive wet 3mm with a steel plate and single alu80 with no additional weight.

If I go to a steel 12 I could drop the 4kg steel plate and still have same buoyancy.

With double steel 12 and a steel plate I would be about 7kg overweighted in my wetsuit.

Dry is another thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom