Diving Deaths, Boynton Beach....PBP News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude! Square on! Kevin is an awesome guy who, even if he did share any information, could have done so out of the adreneline flowing from the incident. Hey, for all we know this was overheard information of what he found while he was talking to someone else (police, investigators, other dive masters, etc.) and not the reporter.

Kevin - hats off to you for being willing to stand up when needed.

Umm.. and the rest of whats going on here.. please stay civil. If you believe that someone has crossed the line, is bashing, or otherwise crossed over the TOS boundary report the post.

Divesherpa:
Come on folks. A guy pulls off a recovery for no personal gain whatsoever. The divers were not diving on the boat that the DM works for. He went in (at risk to himself) to search for and recover people that he didn't know. Monday morning quarterbacking is not appropriate in some issues. I believe the PADI standards relate to divers under the jurisdiction of the DM, not attempts to recover other divers. These guys were diving (and dying) on their own.

Cheers,
Jamie

OK gang... y'all can do FAR BETTER than this. If you have an issue with a post, USE THE "REPORT THIS POST" LINK. It is the Exclamation mark "!" that is on the bottom left of all posts. If you feel you have to reply tit for tat, USE PMs!!! We don't want to read your bickering! If you have an issue with the fairness of this or any moderator actions, PM the mod, PM me or post about it in Site Support.

If you aren't sure what this thread is all about, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read KBeck's initial post and KEEP ON TOPIC! If you need any clarification or want to ask a question then PM your favorite mod, me or post your query in Site Support.

Thanks for reading this, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

Jacque Coustrape:
Hey take it down a notch, be calm... I never said a word about you, I read your profile..you live in Ft. Lauderdale, so you would be a local...right?! I think you know the people I'm talking about. This board has turned into a mosh pit of emotions...I am almost sorry I ever joined and had to see the ugly face of fellow divers. Bad enough I had to endure a group of Rude Divers at the Pier LBS on this past sunday...easter of all days!!. Mowed right over the top of the three of us...I never thought I would have to give that "hand signal" while diving, but some people just deserve it. Is there no civility in this world anymore?? I appologize to anyone I have greatly offended and caused emotional distress, I should not be pointing fingers at other people, just as they may do to others, this does not make it right. So, not to be a hypocritical jerk..I leave you all to fight like sharks in a feeding frenzy. If anyone wants to go Diving and not brandish words, let me know. I'd rather be doing what this board is suppose to be all about...DIVING!!!

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but it sounded like you were talking about me, and others thought so as well. Either way, there's no need to get personal and/or rude.

I would like to apologize for letting my emotions get the better of me.

As pointed out. This is not the place for that. If you have anything further to say to me, it can be said in private.

As to the point of this thread. Let's all try to keep this thread as a place to thank people like Kevin and Splashdown divers for being the good samaritans that they are, and handling a task that most of us wouldn't want to have to deal with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom