Diving CSSP Sat. 8/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we head out on a tour of the North end of the lake around the wall.

We stay under for about an hour before surfacing. We sit around talking for about an hour before we go to the fill station to fill our tanks. But wouldn't you know it. I can't find my keys....

After much of ripping everything apart, I finally decide that I must have dove with them, and they are on the bottom of the lake somewhere...

Bleh...

So when we plan our next dive, I suggest that we head off in the general area that we dove last dive, in hopes of finding my keys, thinking surely if I lost them they must have been near the dock...

No luck. We got a bit away from the dock where it drops off, and it was too cold for me to head to the bottom with no wetsuit. Eventually I gave up looking for my keys and busted out my camera to enjoy the rest of my dive.

Well about 45+ minutes into the dive, 3 hours after the beggining of the dive I lost them. I see a little glint about 15 feet below the Thermocline. I went to investigate since it caught my eye and lookie what I found.

keys.jpg

3 hours underwater and about 40 feet deep and the Alarm FOB still worked. I'm still freaked out about how the hell I found my little old keys in the entire lake....

They turned up near the rescue area of the lake, meaning they finally fell out of my pocket towards the end of the previous dive.

What a relief.

wow, great job finding those, talk about a needle in a haystack!!

that reminds me to get a floater thingy for my keys before this weekend's trip to CSSP :)

Finding them was lucky but the remote alarm thingy still working is a miracle!

You should have mentioned the loss....Beast loves search and recovery dives!

Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good. :wink: Amazing story.

I lock my regular keys in the truck and dive with a truck key around my neck. I know my luck wouldn't hold for this kind of find.

Glad to hear the vis was exceptional last Saturday, and on a rare Saturday I can't get there. Talked to Seahunt and he said that Thursday was the worst vis of the year. It must have shown some respect for the occasion.

Dee, Lamar at Emerald Sea called to say it's been ordered and will be in Tuesday.

Seal, I've got meetings this Friday, but I've taken the next 5 off so name a time.

I fixxed it OK with her. I picked her up a crystal dolphins thingy while I was up in Oklahoma today.

Texass once bubbled...
Dee, Lamar at Emerald Sea called to say it's been ordered and will be in Tuesday.

Seal, I've got meetings this Friday, but I've taken the next 5 off so name a time.

What did ya get, huh? huh? I think my mutt system is finally what I like and is complete...

FredT BP
Deep Outdoors #30 wing
DIY weight pockets, partially Dive Rite
OMS pocket
Halcyon BP pad (when I use it)

So see, I'm not dedicated to any one brand of anything!

If nothing comes up I'm looking at Fri. the 29th around 12:30 or so.

I think I can be there the 29th. I'll try to be there by 10. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom