Diving CSSP Sat. 8/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beast and I had a great time! It was so nice to see the Swampers we've already met...Des, TruckDiver, Zagnut, ScubaTexan, Seal, etc....and to meet the new ones....Detonate and Heavenly, ScubaJanna and the fella who aren't on SB yet. I'm sorry I didn't get to sit down and really chat with everyone but maybe we'll find more time next time! To BillP, one of my longest known 'internet buddies' (notice I didn't say oldest!), it's always a treat to see you.

We are both impressed with Clear Springs. I assume from some of the comments that the visibility was better than usual, we thought it outstanding. I've never been able to take wide angle scenic pictures in freshwater lakes before now! We only did 3 dives and didn't fully cover the little end of the lake where we were so we feel it's only fair to return again to get a more rounded view of CSSP! LOL...In other words, we'll be back! By then I have a feeling Des will be diving a new rig! :wink:

I'm glad everyone liked the gear bench. As for permission, the woman at the gate was not Debbie. She told me that Debbie was out of town and that she would tell Robert about it. We never saw him so I'm supposing all was accepted. :wink:

Thanks again for the hospitality! I'll have some pictures loaded tomorrow.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, HeavenLeigh!

I took over 100 pictures so It's taking me awhile to go through some of them. But here's a link to the album for the first 10.

Clear Springs photo album

little get-together gonna be?

Had a great time meeting Swampsters I haven't met before and seeing the ones I have. Tony, post a link here when you get the pics up please.

Anyone's schedule allow for a Fri. dive? I'm open the rest of the season for Fridays, can be there about noon or so, along with Saturdays.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this thought cross, but what about an "end of season" get-together, or even just a gathering with a cook-out or something before winter sets in? I'll bring the steaks (the ones with Oscar-Mayer on the label). :D Although I do have a mean marinade for Tropical Island grilled chicken.

:wacko:

This is the first Turtle I had personally seen in CSSP, so I was pretty excited to sneak a picture of him. :)

turtle.jpg

I didn't see a turtle! :(

Great pix. Viz looked superior. What a day not to be there :(
Have never seen a turtle in that lake. Good work!!

I see turtles at CSSP on almost every dive. I mostly see them at the southern end of the lake near that really shallow part by the check-in/deli or at the northern end by the area with the cattails- always fairly near shore. There are lots of turtles in the lake, but I've only seen Redear Sliders underwater.

Hey Dee, Great pictures. Sorry I missed the gang. I DM at CSSP every other weekend. Last weekend was my non dive weekend. I just couldn't pull myself away from all those house chores.
I will be out there this Sat and Sunday. I know Robert and Debbie Jo pretty well. I will check out the Beast bench and make sure Robert has put it to good use. I hope he placed it near the dock we usually use. The pictures of it looked very cool. A useful addition to any shore site.

Just returned from Cocoview 3 weeks ago. Saw a Texas Swamp Diver official T shirt hanging in the ping pong room. Bet you had something to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom