Diving CSSP Sat. 8/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone every mention this gear bench to the owners of CSSP? I emailed the owners twice, explained who I was, what we wanted to do and asked if permission was required to bring a piece of equipment to their place and if we had their permission.

I never got an answer to either email. Does that mean Debbie is just bad at answering email, which is what I suspect, or that they want nothing to do with it? Whatever...we're leaving it! You guys can flip over who takes it home if the owners don't want it.

I can't imagine why on Earth they wouldn't want it there...

Though it has been a while since I communicated via email with Debbie and Robert, I found that they don't reply to email as much as they do the messages on their message board.

So if you had something that can be said in public, you can ask/discuss with her there. Otherwise, you might need a "check your inbox" prompting message.

Dee asked...
Did anyone every mention this gear bench to the owners of CSSP?

I mentioned Beast's Twin Lakes benches on CSSP's message board, and even posted one of your pictures. I didn't mention Beast by name, and don't know if either Debbie or Robert looked at my post. Debbie is indeed bad about answering email.

If anyone had ever told them who made the bench and it being placed there. When we signed in this morning, the lady taking in cash and waivers, if indeed it was Debbie, didn't even know what TSDT was, and it seemed she had never heard of us..... it's so nice to be remembered....

BTW, it was GREAT meeting some of the (new to me) Northern Swampsters and great seeing old friends! The diving was great, (even better at 8am, being the first in the water), I had a couple pictures as keepers and will get them up on the hostsite when I return to Humble.....cable you know!

Like Kevin (Truckdiver) says.......we gotta' do this again.....SOON!

tony

The lady at the gate was not Debbie.

Debbie knows who we are.

Gald yall had fun. Sorry I missed it. I spent the day building a gate.

TwoBit

As we were packing our gear Saturday, we found a mask hanging on the pole under the pavilion. It's a Dacor mask with a Scubapro strap. I took it home with me, so if this is your mask, PM me and I'll make arrangements to get it back to you ASAP.

We had a lot of fun out at CSSP Saturday. It was great to get to dive with Dee and Doug, and Tony and Brenda again. All the Southern Swampers raved at how clear the lake was, and mentioned several times about coming back up as often as they can. That sounds like a great idea. It was also good to dive with Kevin (Truckdiver) and Des (Texass) again, to dive with Zagnut for the first time, and to see Mike (Sealskin) again. Also got to see ScubaJana and Detonate and his wife.

Hopefully, we can do this more often...:)

Had a good time and really enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks too!
A large THANKS to Dee and Beast for the gear bench and making the trip up to deliver it. Also to Scubatony and Brenda for making the drive in from East Texas. It was great seeing you guys again!

Ken, that mask is one I found on my second dive up in the north end of the lake. I should on taken it down to the lost and found at the fill station, but I got lazy and just hung it on the post. I say if you want it, keep it, but be advised there were some snails living in it when I found it. :D

TruckDiver once bubbled...
Ken, that mask is one I found on my second dive up in the north end of the lake. I should on taken it down to the lost and found at the fill station, but I got lazy and just hung it on the post. I say if you want it, keep it, but be advised there were some snails living in it when I found it. :D

I ran into a diver that had lost a mask on the north end, so it might be his. I'll find someone that's going back out next weekend and send it on with them. They can take it to the lost and found at the fill station.

Thanks, Kevin!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom