Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talk about a diving couples adventure :D if you don't mind me asking, what 4 countries? All awesome diving locales?

Well Cook Islands, Vanuatu, New Zealand and now Australia. All diving except NZ. well I dove a bit but not working :) more to come in the future!

Well Cook Islands, Vanuatu, New Zealand and now Australia. All diving except NZ. well I dove a bit but not working :) more to come in the future!

wow, umm, where is the "jealous as hell" smiley :D

That is when I will be heading to Canada :( so where are you from in Canada?

I am a friendly straight, no big deal, just did not want to see the thread go in a direction not intended. Actually, I was hinting at others to back off in case they were thinking of responding negatively to your post :D

I'll handle that, thanks.

just couples diving stories please :D

And again, that's what I'm looking for. If gay couples have a story, do tell.

Hmm...Samalama suggested posting here. I first saw Paula when I was went back to college in my late twenties. I wound up working in the chem labs and so was in and out of the science building offices daily. One day I saw this gorgeous redhead and said, self, go meet her.

Turned out she was an adjunct lecturer for a physical geology section whose prof was on sabbatical. I was hot for teacher, so I spoke to the admins, and got myself the job of driving the van on geo field trips. We got along well, really well. I crammed geology like crazy till I could sling their jargon around fairly well. She would bring me things she needed fixed and I would fix them and we'd talk about life. After a few field trips, we went out for a beer and found out just how incompatible we were.

There was an 11 year age difference, she was recently divorced, and had kids. She in turn thought I was older than I was, and when I told her I was 26 said, "Oh, I could never data a 26 year old." The thing was, I had never asked her out...so at least I knew she was interested.

She was always having me come down to the geology labs to 'help' her too.

When her semester was up, I got her phone number from the secretary, called her up on Christmas eve, and told her that she was one of those people I couldn't stand losing track of. We went out the day after Christmas, and I haven't looked back since. That was ten years ago.

She's still the smartest, wildest, most engaged woman I know.

The diving thing only started last year, after we booked a Caribbean trip. Held hands through all our dives. She's still cute, even puking over the gunwale.

Us in Saba:

DSCN0123.jpg

Tim - Thanks for sharing your story. Look forward to meeting her at one of our dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom