Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving was something I've always wanted to do... dive and visit Belize. So when I started dating again after a failed relationship (we never got past arguing to try something like diving ;-) I begin asking women on dates 2 questions: What's something you've always wanted to do and where is some place on the world you've always wanted to visit?

I went on two dates. First girl said the one place in "the world" she always wanted to visit was Vegas. I said, "you understand this is the 'world' we're talking about..." I have nothing against Vegas (never been there) but was looking for something a little more inspirational.

My next date said, "I've always wanted to visit Belize and learn how to SCUBA dive." We were married a year later, certified divers and have been to Cozumel, St. Croix, Kauai, and Playa. Still haven't made it to Belize but it's on our list. Oh, and yes we have a LOT more in common than just love of diving.

ok, what are the odds of that?? I am guessing planets had to align or something, sounds like an awesome match:D

thanks! I had not seen this, checking it out now :D I currently utilize another term for Valentine's day, I refer to it as "Singles Awareness Day"
Singles awareness day. :wink: I like that. I will have to use that.

In observance of Single's Awareness Day:

:hijack:Conversation overheard at a bar this evening.
Men agree "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" while 80% of women are remaining single because "why buy the pig when all you want is a piece of sausage".

:rofl3:

:focus:

Men agree "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" while 80% of women are remaining single because "why buy the pig when all you want is a piece of sausage".

LOVE IT :rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3: Wait, that makes me a pig. Fair enough, anyone wanna trade some milk for sausage?

I first met my partner when i started a job as a dive instructor in the Cook Islands. Not only did he live across the street from the dive shop i worked and lived at but he was dating the chick i was replacing! It wasn't love at first sight or anything but after about 6 months of knowing eachother casually we started kinda seeing eachother (he had broken up with the other chick by then) then ended up moving in together when we both needed a new place to stay.

At the end of my contract when it was time for me to leave the island I casually mentioned thinking about a job in Vanuatu and his response was "yeah, go there, its close i can visit!" I was pretty astounded as i didnt think we were nearly that serious and never in my wildest dreams did i expect him to leave his home and follow me. So I said sure, headed over there and 2 days later he was back with me!

2 1/2 years later we have lived in 4 countries together, he's almost finished his DM course (taught by yours truely) and life is great! He was already a diver when i met him, but believe it or not we've only actually dove about 5 - 10 times together.. hah! that should change by the end of the DM course and hopefully change a lot when we get work together elsewhere!

:rofl3::rofl3: Elena, never heard that one about pig/sausage but think is great! :rofl3:

I first met my partner when i started a job as a dive instructor in the Cook Islands. Not only did he live across the street from the dive shop i worked and lived at but he was dating the chick i was replacing! It wasn't love at first sight or anything but after about 6 months of knowing eachother casually we started kinda seeing eachother (he had broken up with the other chick by then) then ended up moving in together when we both needed a new place to stay.

At the end of my contract when it was time for me to leave the island I casually mentioned thinking about a job in Vanuatu and his response was "yeah, go there, its close i can visit!" I was pretty astounded as i didnt think we were nearly that serious and never in my wildest dreams did i expect him to leave his home and follow me. So I said sure, headed over there and 2 days later he was back with me!

2 1/2 years later we have lived in 4 countries together, he's almost finished his DM course (taught by yours truely) and life is great! He was already a diver when i met him, but believe it or not we've only actually dove about 5 - 10 times together.. hah! that should change by the end of the DM course and hopefully change a lot when we get work together elsewhere!

talk about a diving couples adventure :D if you don't mind me asking, what 4 countries? All awesome diving locales?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom