Diving Computer????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

007jwr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Guys,
I have read alot of material and asked alot of questions about the best dive computer within a reasonable price range. I am leaning towards getting a Uwatec. VR3's are nice but I don't won't to shell out that kind of money. It appears to me that an Uwatec computer would do the job.
Is there someone that maybe could give me some insight into this. I love to wreck dive!!
Thanks ahead of time!
007JWR

Dive Rite Duo is a good pick.

What I recommend
Buy a Dive Rite Nitek Plus
It’s a nice two gas computer with a gauge mode.
So use this for a year or so while your saving up to by a VR3
Once you have your VR3 you now have your backup timer for mix diving

billyf:
What I recommend
Buy a Dive Rite Nitek Plus
It’s a nice two gas computer with a gauge mode.
So use this for a year or so while your saving up to by a VR3
Once you have your VR3 you now have your backup timer for mix diving

I'd consider that to be a good recommendation.

Or,keep your eyes open. Diverite has something new on the horizon and chances it will be a lot cheaper than the VR3

Thanks Guys!!! I think that I will just probably wait for that new DiveRight Computer or eventually get the VR3, but while I am saving up I'll just keep my good bottom timer active.

007jwr:
Hello Guys,
I have read alot of material and asked alot of questions about the best dive computer within a reasonable price range. I am leaning towards getting a Uwatec. VR3's are nice but I don't won't to shell out that kind of money. It appears to me that an Uwatec computer would do the job.
Is there someone that maybe could give me some insight into this. I love to wreck dive!!
Thanks ahead of time!
007JWR

Go for an air integrated computer. It will allow to to maximize time in the water and slow you right down and enjoy the sights.

In Europe, the most common compters I see being used are the Uwatec, and Sunnto.

I personally use a Aladin Air on a hose, not wrist. I have been very happy with it for the past 8 years. I've done a couple of thousand dives on it and only had to change the battries twice.

Only prorlem with UWATEC, at least my model, is that you would need to send away to change the battries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom