Diving Boynton Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EL Pistoffo

Contributor
Reaction score
I have yet to dive Boynton Beach and the surrounding areas. I hear a lot that the shore diving there is excellent. Is there a particular area to shore dive? Other info like parking, shop for tank rentals, good time to hit the water, etc. would be helpful.

Would diving from charter be a better choice?

I know of no shore diving in Boynton Beach. There are 6 operators out of Boynton Harbor Marina, perhaps others who make the trip to Boynton Beach. I nearly always use Underwater Explorers for drifts on the reefs and the wrecks, particularly the Castor. Text or call Kevin Metz with questions, https://diveboyntonbeach.com/

When the dredging project is completed, the intracoastal side of Ocean Inlet Park can be a decent shore dive. Some of the South County dive shops train there. Plenty of parking and few divers. On the ocean side about 100 yds off the beach, there is a stretch of rock piles. You can see it if you look on google maps. It looks like a string of coffins. Keep an eye out for fisherman, it is a popular area to catch bait. North of the inlet there are quite a few patch reefs just a short swim from shore, but parking/beach access will be your problem.

Deerfield i though you had to worry about the lifeguards? otherwise from Atlantic/2nd st? down to Hollywood are multiple shore diving sites.

I was doing some quick research and found that some shore sites are Dania Beach, Deerfield, Lauderdale by the Sea and Pompano. There is a sticky in this forum I just noticed as well. I will look though it but any recent info is welcome.

Dove Lauderdale by the Sea a few weeks ago. Very nice and easy, dived the reef that is about equal with the end of the pier, about 100 yards or so out. Pretty reef lots of healthy sea fans and the reef has lots of Swiss cheese like holes with plenty of fish life. Parked at the end of Datura street and geared up, bring about 4 or 5 dollars in quarters for the meter. Basically get in the water right at Datura and head straight out maybe a bit towards the pier, but you have to stay 300 feet away from the pier.

The he town is pretty cool as well with some great choices for lunch after the dive. Gold Coast Scuba is the shop in town on Commercial blvd. hope this helps a bit.

Scott Cormier

LBTS is great, the second reef is even better
Go early and bring quarters for best parking.
Dania beach is good too,
I have done Seatech Ledge, a bit of a kick to get to. Dania also has The Rock Pile and the Eurojacks.
Eurojacks are next my list...planning on slinging an al40 for extra dive time
Go early for best parking....you can pay with plastic here.

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

Dove Lauderdale by the Sea a few weeks ago. Very nice and easy, dived the reef that is about equal with the end of the pier, about 100 yards or so out. Pretty reef lots of healthy sea fans and the reef has lots of Swiss cheese like holes with plenty of fish life. Parked at the end of Datura street and geared up, bring about 4 or 5 dollars in quarters for the meter. Basically get in the water right at Datura and head straight out maybe a bit towards the pier, but you have to stay 300 feet away from the pier.

The he town is pretty cool as well with some great choices for lunch after the dive. Gold Coast Scuba is the shop in town on Commercial blvd. hope this helps a bit.

Scott Cormier

Glad you had fun Scott :) although i thought there wasn't as much color or sea life that day as i normally see

Datura actually does accept the Pay By Phone now as well even though it still has the old meters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom