Diving beyond cert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please name these countries then. I do not know of any that it is forbidden by law.

Quebec.
Quebec, the practice of recreational scuba diving is governed by the Regulation respecting recreational scuba diving qualifications authorized by the Act respecting safety in sports (R.S.Q., c. S-3.1, c. V.2).

Under the Act (c. V.2, ss. 46.17 and 46.18), a person who practices recreational underwater diving other than during a qualification course or examination, or who teaches, must hold a certificate attesting to the level of qualification that he has acquired in the field of underwater diving or teaching diving.

The Regulation respecting qualification in recreational underwater diving (L.R.Q., c. S-3.1, r. 8) specifies the conditions under which the holder of a certificate of qualification may dive or teach according to his level of qualification. The qualification levels are diver – class A, B, C and D and instructor – class A, B and C. The level of diver – class D allows to exercise certain functions of assistance to the instructor. For details of the levels and their requirements, see the Regulation.

For tourists or people certified outside Quebec, a temporary equivalence certificate can be issued under certain conditions.

Do you know how to calculate the gas needed to get yourself & buddy to the surface?

Can you tell me what PADI OW or AOW has been trained calculating gas management?

Quebec is a country? So one province of one country. I do not see anything in there about diving beyond certification.

it s just to say that here PADI or any other agency is not recognized. By law you need to do a specific training that only exist in QC, Different level of training a required depending of the type of diving you will do. The scuba police is out there.

Quebec is not a country but we are so different that why i don't dive her anyway . 😂

Be safe

You are putting your instructor, the shop you got your cert, and the gear manufacturer at risk. If you have an accident, they all get sued. It takes time and money to show the paperwork where you agreed to dive within your cert limits. Respect your agreement and instructor enough to dive as you were trained and to the depths you agreed to. Just wait a few until you get your AOW done. This affects more than just you if something goes wrong.

You are putting your instructor, the shop you got your cert, and the gear manufacturer at risk. If you have an accident, they all get sued.

In what country? I had instructors in Australia Brunei and Philippines. What gear manufacturer? MY DC from Shearwater so Shearwater going to get sued? My BCD from Scuba pro so they get sued. My regs from Apex they get sued? My fins from Aqua Lung so they get sued. My fin straps from Mares so they get sued? My mask cant find the name on it lol

You are putting your instructor, the shop you got your cert, and the gear manufacturer at risk. If you have an accident, they all get sued. It takes time and money to show the paperwork where you agreed to dive within your cert limits. Respect your agreement and instructor enough to dive as you were trained and to the depths you agreed to. Just wait a few until you get your AOW done. This affects more than just you if something goes wrong.

if i take a certification and instructor give me a rathing and after i go dive with someone else and something happen to me the original instructor got nothing to do with this.

You go for your driving permit, they give you your license and after you have a car accident and injured people, will they pursue the guy how give you your permit ? Will they pursue the car manufacturer?

Iam not sure i understand how a manufacturer could get sued regarding level of certification anyway.

Quebec is a country? So one province of one country. I do not see anything in there about diving beyond certification.

Turkey, Israel, Maldives and perhaps Egypt are also countries where scuba diving is regulated by law, which include- among other things- depth limitations on recreational diving. I am sure there are more countries with local laws and regulations other than training agencies' standards.

Just because you don't know doesn't mean they don't exist.

Yes apparently the mortality rate amongst the fish and critters they subpoena as witnesses is not great

Turkey, Israel, Maldives and perhaps Egypt are also countries where scuba diving is regulated by law, which include- among other things- depth limitations on recreational diving. I am sure there are more countries with local laws and regulations other than training agencies' standards.

Just because you don't know doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'm not saying they don't exist I was just asking. I already know about Maldives as I am diving there in November December.

In Egypt for recreational diving it's 40m. My buddy who is a padi instructor was asked for a deep certificate for a 40m dive. He didn't have a padi cert but had the TDI ANDP which showed 45m depth and was fine. He said the boat crew had never heard of TDI lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom