Diving around Colorado Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbichsel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've got a day tomorrow with nothing to do but check out a possible dive location close to The Springs.

I tried Monumet Lake a couple of weeks ago and vis was 30" or less. By the time I hit 10', it was black as coal.

Anyone tried Pueblo Res? Big Johnson Res?

I don't have time to get to Blue Hole, have already done Kingfisher Pond at Chatfield.

Anything else?

Thanks.

jbichsel:
I've got a day tomorrow with nothing to do but check out a possible dive location close to The Springs.

I tried Monumet Lake a couple of weeks ago and vis was 30" or less. By the time I hit 10', it was black as coal.

Anyone tried Pueblo Res? Big Johnson Res?

I don't have time to get to Blue Hole, have already done Kingfisher Pond at Chatfield.

Anything else?

Thanks.

With the rain we have been receiving the mud holes are mucked up more than ever. Two of my buddy's did Aurora a couple weeks back, and said the vis was at an all time low, which means it was REALLY bad.

I did Jefferson lake in early July, and had high hopes. Unfortunately those hopes were broken against the shore line as we decended into 5' of vis or less.

We are all in the same situation with diving in CO. It's just none too good, and I've yet to find a place with vis better than 10', and it's generally much closer to 2'.

The old saying is truer than ever, CO, just a short plane ride away from world class diving! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom