Diving and Exercise+

Diving and Exercise... which best describes you?

• I go diving and any exercise is incidental

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I dive for the exercise, heck it's better than sitting around... right?

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I generally exercise, but any benefits I get for my diving are incidental

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I generally target my exercise (aerobic or strength) towards diving

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • I specifically target my exercise (aerobic or strength) towards my diving

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Who cares??? Nobody really thinks about this stuff... right??

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does anyone know whether this article was based on studies/statistics/etc. regarding male divers only, or on both male and female divers?

curious and concerned at 42....

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I read the DAN article about the risk of heart attack in divers over forty and being 38 I decided that an exercise program was in order.

cosists of RockClimbing outside during the summer and you get lots of aerobic exercise hiking with your gear to the climb sites. Since it's gotten colder, my climbing consists of indoor gym climbing and not as much, which I need to get back into gear. Right now, I'm climbing just once a weekat the gym and would like to be doing so twice a week. I was hoping our winter would be milder, so I could go the rock during the weekend, but the weather is not cooperating, so far. :( Hopefully, it's just temporary. HA! I don't ice dive nor ice climb. :wink:

I don't know about the study, but my gut feeling is that normal diving is no worse than other types of exercise for producing a heart attack. However, there is a potential for a heart attack if one were to get "bad" air from a source that was contaminated with carbon monoxide. I know of one diving fatality that was related to this cause.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom