Diving and dental work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trippysmurf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok well first let me say hello and such to everyone as this is my first ever post. I am not certified but me and my GF have classes planned and paid for. But my question is that I have a Vaneer on the front right tooth right next to my big teeth and i was reading that if there is an airpocket in dental work it can hurt. I am just wondering if there is anyone here with such dental work and if you have had issues or know what to do. I am an Army vet so i have the dental means to get stuff fixed but not sure if i even need to get it fixed first. My last dental checkup the dentists all agreed the vaneer work was some fo the best they had ever seen so. Thank you tons for the help and I hope to learn from all you vets out there.

Air pockets under dental repairs are very uncommon these days. Since you've been told your work is high quality, the risk should be even lower.

Even with bad veneer work you would be hard pressed to have a problem. The real place to watch out is with filling and crowns, and even they would have had to have been one by a monkey to really cause a problem.

Ok well first let me say hello and such to everyone as this is my first ever post. I am not certified but me and my GF have classes planned and paid for. But my question is that I have a Veneer on the front right tooth right next to my big teeth and I was reading that if there is an airpocket in dental work it can hurt. I am just wondering if there is anyone here with such dental work and if you have had issues or know what to do. I am an Army vet so i have the dental means to get stuff fixed but not sure if i even need to get it fixed first. My last dental checkup the dentists all agreed the vaneer work was some fo the best they had ever seen so. Thank you tons for the help and I hope to learn from all you vets out there.

I recently had 12 crowns 6 veneers and three implants installed about three years ago and have done close too 200 dives since from 135 in the Philippines my deepest to and average there of 70 feet too the cold waters of Boston with No problems

Only dental concern is if you have had or are having dentai surgery and there are open wounds or incisions that need to heal. But that is not specific to dental.

I had a bunch of work done last year and I have not had any issues with diving. The only thing that stopped me diving was when my lower left molar abscessed and thy had to an emergency extraction and then i had to wait about 6 week for the hole to heal up enough to start diving again.

If you have a loose crown, by all means get it recemented before your trip,you don't want air entering at depth and expanding on the way up.partial missing fillings also bad, potentially.

I've had a crown, root canal and other stuff since starting to dive 8 years ago & no problems. From what I've read on SB, I haven't seen anyone yet with a problem. I would guess the only way to be sure is to just dive and see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom