Diving again in Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is really a pure Pinoy thread with all this alphabet soup:)
You forgot that NCR is now GCQ after being ECQ and MECQ.
I am waiting for the time it becomes HGCQ without going into MGCQ or is it?:yeahbaby:
NCR National Capital Region, i.e. Metro Manila
Strictest level is ECQ Enhanced Community Quarantine, basically complete lockdown
MECQ is Modified, some relaxing of rules.
GCQ General Community Quarantine
MGCQ the most relaxed state of quarantine, almost to a new normal. It comes in two flavours, medium risk and low risk with slightly different rules.

And since this is the Philippines enforcement of any rules is highly variable and local governments or just enforcement officials can add any rules they want at any time.

I drove to Carcar City about 40 kms away to get to a larger grocery place. Got there and one mall said Moalboal was only allowed on Friday and Saturday, other mall never asked me about pass or where I was from.

But what I did read today, on the Bureau of Immigration page, was that starting Aug 1, they will begin allowing Permanent Resident Visa holders into the country (and spouses of PH citizens). At this point, it's unclear whether that includes (likely not) those on 9G (work visa) and/or Retirement Visas, but for sure does not allow Tourist Visas....

I am reading this as allowing retirement visas. I have SRRV, Special Residential Retirement Visa, so I might be allowed back if I left. They are not issuing any more tourist visas.

So, dumb question. We have a LOB booked for October (the deal was way too good to pass up)... Does anyone know or have any insight as to if Cebu will be open for tourists to go?

Thanks in advance

I seriously doubt if there will be easy tourist entry or internal travel in the Philippines by then.

Manila and Cebu City are on tight lock down until end of July and I expect that this will continue well into Aug with gradual relaxation after that. Still reports of people stranded at the airport due to low numbers of flights and teh refusal of local governments to accept people from Manila.

Local airlines are selling 99p ( USD 2) tickets for internal travel in 2021 so I doubt of they are really expecting a lot of travel before that.

However there is a lot of pressure to open up the tourist industry because it is so important to many local economies. This is the Philippines and the rules change quickly and often.

I had my first dive on Saturday and went again on Sunday. Right now it is only shore dives so with two sites available, left or right, I will spread out my diving to keep it fresh. I am diving with Cebu Dive Centre and the left turn takes us to the sardine run so that is always a nice dive.

That's good news. I see Paulo is posting new photos on his IG, but nothing from Cam so I wasn't sure if CDC was open or not.
If you want some variation, I hear Alegria is diving as well.
If I was able to, I'd be down there in Moalboal as well, but the wife is going through her PR status here in Canada so Cam's Maple Syrup Delivery guy can't get there for another year or so lol

So I still am hopeful that I won't have to find a hot Filipino wife to marry in order to get to Cebu in October, although I am not opposed to the idea. :D

On a serious note, a customer rep at Cathay Pacific told me Saturday that they think tourism will open up on October 1st. I booked my ticket, I opted for basic economy, but purchased exit row for the unlimited legroom.

So I still am hopeful that I won't have to find a hot Filipino wife to marry in order to get to Cebu in October, although I am not opposed to the idea. :D

On a serious note, a customer rep at Cathay Pacific told me Saturday that they think tourism will open up on October 1st. I booked my ticket, I opted for basic economy, but purchased exit row for the unlimited legroom.
I hope you have cancellation insurance, although you bought the package during a travel advisory so I doubt any insurance would offer coverage...
You have no idea how strict the Filipino rules are re.covid19 issues, we just managed to get out at end of July after being stranded for months, and we were lucky as had a very narrow window that closed very shortly after we left.(I won't say how much extra cost us to return) Thousands of Filipinos were stranded in their own country and not allowed to return to their own towns, and now that some do, they are still required to quarantine themselves two weeks at municipal designated facility and an extra week at their community/barangay facility before they are allowed to go home(at least that's how it is in Pd.Burgos So.Leyte)
I can't wait to go back but won't make any plans till all the advisories are lifted.

A responsible person would never suggest anything that he/she has no control of!!!!
Not even the President of Philippines can give you a firm answer for Oct!!

A responsible person would never suggest anything that he/she has no control of!!!!
Not even the President of Philippines can give you a firm answer for Oct!!

I feel bad for all the people who relied on tourism for their livelihoods. The small shop in Dauin I booked with in November had a fund page for their employees but I doubt that lasts very long.

Why is the RoP so much more severe than other places?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom