Diving again in Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diving on a limited basis has restarted in Moalboal Cebu province.

I had my first dive on Saturday and went again on Sunday. Right now it is only shore dives so with two sites available, left or right, I will spread out my diving to keep it fresh. I am diving with Cebu Dive Centre and the left turn takes us to the sardine run so that is always a nice dive.

They have limited numbers. My first dive was a private dive, my second had the DM and one of the instructors doing his first return dive and he wanted to do a shake down dive after servicing his equipment during the dry time.

Good to be back in the water after 110 dry days.

Still did not see any whale sharks, I am starting to believe that they are fake news and all those pictures and video is photo shopped just to fool me. lol

Ah, Yay!!!! I happy for you guys down there. I imagine we'll be getting to the same status here in NCR soon (I hope).

A few places in Anilao have opened up, including Casa Escondida, but only for locals. For whatever reason, LGU or AITF, it appears that only local Batangas residents can go at this point. One of my dive groups has already been in arrangements with Bauan Divers to book-out the resort when we're allowed to go from NCR... definitely looking forward to that!

Thanks for the update Rickk, keep us posted.

Good to hear that things are opening up in the Philippines.

What about the rest of Cebu?

Good to hear that things are opening up in the Philippines.

What about the rest of Cebu?

Naw, no good new to report from Cebu City or NCR (metro manila).... We were once again extended, although I believe Cebu has stepped down to "MECQ".... but it's still pretty restricted.

NCR(Metro Manila) still cannot avail of diving and lodging down in Batangas (Anilao). As per the current guidelines, "GCQ cannot travel to "MGCQ" for the purpose of leisure....same in Cebu City. But, I believe that southern portions of Cebu, as well as other Wester Visayan areas can dive locally. Same with Mindoro Island (Puerto Galera).

So, dumb question. We have a LOB booked for October (the deal was way too good to pass up)... Does anyone know or have any insight as to if Cebu will be open for tourists to go?

Thanks in advance

So, dumb question. We have a LOB booked for October (the deal was way too good to pass up)... Does anyone know or have any insight as to if Cebu will be open for tourists to go?

Thanks in advance

At this point, I don't think anyone has any real idea or concrete info regarding that far out....

But what I did read today, on the Bureau of Immigration page, was that starting Aug 1, they will begin allowing Permanent Resident Visa holders into the country (and spouses of PH citizens). At this point, it's unclear whether that includes (likely not) those on 9G (work visa) and/or Retirement Visas, but for sure does not allow Tourist Visas....

I sure hope that travel into the country opens up sooner rather than later..... I wish I had happier info for ya, but it's just a wait-n-see thing now...

just don't upset her....:letsparty: :rofl3:

Isn't that ANY of them? haha

I don't think my current wife would understand that I needed to dive this bad??? :D

This is really a pure Pinoy thread with all this alphabet soup:)
You forgot that NCR is now GCQ after being ECQ and MECQ.
I am waiting for the time it becomes HGCQ without going into MGCQ or is it?:yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom