Diving after Work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iowasnowboarder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that its starting to feel like summer outside, if anyone is interested in diving any weeknight, after work, I'm looking for a buddy.

My preference is for Chatfield as my office is rather nearby, but I could be convinced to go somewhere else too.

Hello Michael,
diving after work sounds great. I work in Monument and get off at 2:00. I could probably be at Chatfield by 3:00 or so. What days work best for you ? Hope we can get together. Ray.

Check with the Rangers on this one. I talked to one last year and he told me you can shore dive in the res now. If so, try diving off the gravel beach area on the West facing shore. It's below the camp ground that sits on that point. The bottom will be gravel and not mud. Just make sure you have at least one dive flag in the water.
I would be interested in checking it out. If it works out, I can bring my dive boat too. I just have to change the water pump in the lower unit first.

PS my office is off Evans between Broadway and D.U., so it's pretty easy for me to get over there too.
I'm probably open for a dive next week. Monday or Thursday. This week is shot already.

Greg

As the Capn said, this week is shot. Next week I'm traveling for work on Monday, and have guests coming in Wed/Thursday/Friday. The week after maybe?

Ray, if you can go on the 30th, I think I can go then. I need to double check with my wife. I can't get to Chatfield till 4:30 though.
Otherwise, July 6th or 7th is the only days I have open till the end of July.

Greg

I am looking to go Saturday, 6/24 any lake in the area. Just say when and where.

Dan

I'm VERY fortunate... I get to dive DURING work! Enjoy your summer.

I work downtown, I think 4:30 would be about as early as I could get there. I could do July 6th or 7th. I have to rent tanks, so I need to figure out how to get them back the next day, but that should not be much of an issue...

How many dives do you think you want to get in? If we only want to do one, maybe GREG I could borrow you AL80, and pay for the air fill?

In any event, let's pick a date, get it on the calander, and fix the time and a place to meet. I have not done Chatfield, so it would be new to me.

I also do NOT have a dive flag/float but I'm guessing Greg may. :eyebrow:

Capnsnott:
Ray, if you can go on the 30th, I think I can go then. I need to double check with my wife. I can't get to Chatfield till 4:30 though.
Otherwise, July 6th or 7th is the only days I have open till the end of July.

Greg

Capnsnott:
Check with the Rangers on this one. I talked to one last year and he told me you can shore dive in the res now. If so, try diving off the gravel beach area on the West facing shore. It's below the camp ground that sits on that point. The bottom will be gravel and not mud. Just make sure you have at least one dive flag in the water.
I would be interested in checking it out. If it works out, I can bring my dive boat too. I just have to change the water pump in the lower unit first.

PS my office is off Evans between Broadway and D.U., so it's pretty easy for me to get over there too.
I'm probably open for a dive next week. Monday or Thursday. This week is shot already.

Greg

Not diving, but I'll talk to the Rangers, and get the POOP...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom