Diving accident and fatalities statistics? Where to get any?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetFatCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Could you please advice any sorce of diving accidents and fatalities statistics. I'm interested in training levels, depth, dive type (deco, mix, etc.) and region distributions.

How about you become a member? They do a great amount of research and benefit the dive community worldwide. Without DAN, we would be years behind in what little we know about diving medicine. I tell all my students to consider their membership dues as a donation to research.

How about you become a member? They do a great amount of research and benefit the dive community worldwide. Without DAN, we would be years behind in what little we know about diving medicine. I tell all my students to consider their membership dues as a donation to research.

matjo1:
You had me on the first post:D . Good suggestion. It is a small price to pay considering their contribution to the dive community

I agree...can't beat their insurance coverage...
K

I'll chime in and agree. DAN provides a wonderful service at a reasonable cost. And the annual Accident/Injury report is a must-read. I especially like to read the abstracts and see what habits/tendencies that I have in common with the victims...

Sobering.

Safe ascents to all,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom