Divetek Hawaii, Kona Review....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got back from a long weekend on Kona. I took 11 divers over and we had a blast. Conditions were excellent, vis was 100-150 and critters everywhere. We dived with Keith, Chuck, Colin and Tim at Divetek Hawaii and they were so laid back. Nice to have a private charter for both days with just our group. 3 tanks on Saturday and 2 on Sunday....

1) Pipe Dreams (Manta ray 10 minutes into the dive)
2) Suck-Em-Up (Good 6 foot white tip around for most of the dive)
3) Garden Eel Cove (Manta dive with about 6 showing up..... SICK!)
4) Coral Dome (Excellent macro site... nudis, crustaceans, frogfish)
5) Long Lava Tube (Brilliant corals, nice tubes to explore and great vis)

To those of you on SB who are diving doubles or want to get a DM who knows what a backplate and a wing actually are, these guys are your hook up on the Big Island. All DM's are diving the DIR set-up and are top notch. The boat is excellent and the captain is patient and very knowledgeable.

2 private charters for my group with meals served, a fully stocked cooler and plenty of whale watching on the surface intervals..... man I feel spoiled. I also didn't lift a tank or change my gear once this weekend!

All in all, a brilliant weekend with a great bunch of divers. Super comfy twin diesel boat too.... check out Divetek Hawaii next time you are in Kona!

Aloha,

group.jpg

Gabe

Great to know. They've been recommended to me already for our trip next January.

Gabe,

It's great you all had such a wonderful time. The manta night dive is awesome! Good looking group! So what hotel did you all stay at?

Chris

DIR compliant and the best place to finish your full Trimix rating Lynne (expensive class, but at least you won't be "humping" doubles and deco/stage bottles across the sand on a cold & rough beach dive --all the course dives are off the diveboat. Chuck Mather is a TDI Tech Instructor, but is currently being mentor'd by Bob Sherwood of GUE). . . Dive Tek is great Dive Op, and depending how big your party is, charter Aloha Dive Company as well.

Well, maybe by next January, I'll have come up with a motivation to get my full trimix cert. That's assuming that Rec Triox doesn't make me give up diving altogether :)

Dam wish I knew you guys were coming, woulda loved to dive with you guys, woulda beat the semi-boredom of soloing. :) Glad you guys had a great time here. :)

scottitheduck:
We went BUDGET..... so we stayed at the Kona Seaside. Can't tell you what the rooms were like because I was really only there to dry my gear out and get some shut-eye.

I've been on many dive trips similar to this. Guest houses, hostels and rooms off the beaten path. Why spend so much on a room when you're only there to dive!

When are we gonna hook up again? I'm drying out! Can you believe, my last dive was with you! That was a while ago...

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom