Divers Supply Lied to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing that bothers me is, was it new or used ? I would expect a manual or now days cd with new products.
They could be bargain place, but not at the risk of divers life. If they are selling used products I don't mind that either just let customer know it is used.

asmackofjellyfish:
No offense to the big internet suppliers, but I chose to support my LDS, but only after i've shopped around to all the other LDS' in my area and looked at the price's on the internet. I tell them I am shopping around, that way they don't take advantage of me. When I bought my VEO 250 (very slightly better model) I paid less than that price and got the whole console. When I had problems with my battery, my LDS owner was all over it pulling it apart to fix it. I have no doubt they would've got me an owner's manual if it hadn't had one.
that lds sounds like a keeper to me wish they were all like that,i just bought a veo 180 from divers supply,a local lds for me,i recieved everything new in the box like it should and recieved great service. oceanic has discontinued that computer,that could be part of the problem with the manual,i still havent figured out all the functions of the computer,but i like it especialy the oversize numbers great for folks with less than sharp vision.

The Divers Supply in Florida City is my LDS and I feature them on my website. I'll check with the local manager and get back to you on his resonse. I will tell you OI wouldn't be affiliated with them if their operation wasn't top notch.

mjsylver

www.serenitydiving.com

Give the guy a break! I would question whether it was new or used myself. I would certainly have downloaded the manual online but if you can't voice your scuba opinion in a scuba forum, what is it for? Yeah, his words may have been strong but c'mon <grin>!

If I buy a new computer anywhere, in person or online, I expect a manual. A poor photocopy is unnaceptable.

In this day and age of lawsuits and liability I doubt that any manufacturer would not include one in the box. If it came without one the shop should have called and had one sent, not cobbled together a mess.

I for one believe in a level of service from any shop, even the ones online. I am sure it was implied that the product was just the same as anywhere else. So in a way he was lied to.

Yes, the OP could download the manual, but why should he? He got poor service in his opinion(mine too), and he responded. Maybe a little dramatic, but hey I have been pissed off once or twice myself.

As for internet sales, I get the impression that a lot of these shops are local dive shops somewhere. If so, then the owners are just a little more shrewd at business than some of the smaller shops. I call it capitolism.

-Bryan(a new diver who bought all of his gear at his LDS)

Admittedly, getting a really bad photocopy kinda sux, but everyone savvy enough to be on a forum like this has probably ordered something online, be it diving equipment or not. You wait patiently and when something like this happens.... it just seemed like everybody was jumping on him.
You are definitely right, I'd want an official manual with anything I bought, especially a dive computer!

Let's see... if I buy ANYTHING that has requires more user interaction than simply setting it on a shelf and looking at it... and IF I'm buying what I believe to be a NIB (New, in Box) Original Manufacterer's Product... I would expect:

The product to be as pristine as the day it was made
All ORIGINAL doucuments including warranted cards and manuals
A Box... with original packing... possibly nicely shrink wrapped.

If I'm buying the same product that is used, has been a 'floor model' or in any other way indicates prior service in any capacity... well I'd expect:

REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DEEP DISCOUNTS.
I'd also expect the seller to indicated that this is NOT NIB product...

... anything else I'd consider bonus...

(Heck... bought a nice used Top Dawg housing for my camcorder on the internet (eBay)... the manual was photocopied... but the seller very kindly included an extra set of o-rings and a thingie of lube... BONUS!!!)

Lets just say, hopefully DiverLS feels better after her message. Divers Supply does only sell new equiment, unless it is marked as refurbished and that is not very often. Also DiverLS was informed that she could download the manual off of Oceanics website... DiverLS did not like this option. Oceanic also is currently out of stock on the Veo 180 manuals. So, if a manual could have been obtained from Oceanic it would have but it could not. So DiverLS passed up the offer to download that manual and did not like the photocopy one (which was not a photocopy, rather it was the printed manual from their website... it prints compact) so there was no other option. I guess the order should have been backordered and DiverLS been delayed in receiving her product.

FWIW, Diver's Supply is my LDS and I've purchased the majority of my gear from them. They have always been fair, have great prices, good equipment, and are friendly and always willing to provide advice.

I would also have expected a manual w/ the computer; I suspect they were purchased in bulk or in some other manner that saved them (and you) money. Not saying what happened was right, just want to provide another opinion of Divers Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom