Divers Supply Lied to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I ordered an Oceanic VEO 180 Module from Divers Supply and it came with a copy of the Manual. I called them and said I wanted a original manual. The woman who answered the phone told me they didn't get manuals with the modules, only with the console. So I contacted Oceanic and they said please provide my address and they would mail me a manual.

Now I wonder if they shipped me a new Module, or a used one.

Anyone have an experience with them like this?:

Why do these places attract such vehement attacks?

"Divers supply lied to me"

How?

And BTW- maybe when you say that they gave you a "copy", and I am guessing you mean a photocopy? Okay- maybe that's how the keep the price down, buying foreign stuff and reselling it to bargain hunters. To every savings- there is a corner cut.

Let us know if the xeroxed manual compares favorably with the factory printed manual or the internet PDF File downloadable manual. I'll wager they're all the same.

Now- about the "lies" ?

Yes a badly done photo copy. It was badly cut to the size of the print and then stapled three times on each side making the first part of each line unreadable. I did download my own copy from Oceanic to play with it now.

Normally I'm pretty easy going. This stunt bothered me.

I'm sorry that you had this experience. I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times now and I have never had any problems. I got my backup computer from them and have had no problems with it.

I'm sure if they knew how upset you were they would try to help you out or make amends for any problems. I did not suspect that my computer was used at all. If that helps any.

Sorry, fail to see the "lie". You saved a bunch of money and all you had to do was dl a manual you'll look at, what, maybe twice? Relax.

DiverLS:
The woman who answered the phone told me they didn't get manuals with the modules, only with the console. So I contacted Oceanic and they said please provide my address and they would mail me a manual.

Did you ask Oceanic if they sent out manuals with consoles only?

Don't see any lie here....Just got a Tusa computer from a Dive shop....no Manual, but it was a great deal....yes a great deal from a dive shop!!!:11: So I contacted Tusa and they are sending me one....just had to live a few days with out the Manual. No big deal.

DiverLS:
I ordered an Oceanic VEO 180 Module from Divers Supply and it came with a copy of the Manual. I called them and said I wanted a original manual. The woman who answered the phone told me they didn't get manuals with the modules, only with the console. So I contacted Oceanic and they said please provide my address and they would mail me a manual.

Now I wonder if they shipped me a new Module, or a used one.

Anyone have an experience with them like this?:

That's pretty strong.

Bashing a company that undoubtedly saved you (the most) money (or why did you get it from them) over a manual that is available on-line is an bit of an overreaction.

As for Oceanic Manuals, for me they are too small anyway. It took less than 10 minutes to locate the manual (for my ProPlus2), download and print the pages I wanted.

If I decide to order from an on-line supplier, I realize I’ll take a hit in the customer service department. It the new on-line reality. The same goes for huge super stores, and the ultimate in no customer satisfaction, self serve gas stations.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom